Question BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Sep 12, 2024
Hey all! First time posting here, usually able to solve problems with enough trial and error but I just can't figure this one out, about a few weeks ago my PC has started having some major problems that I just can't solve. Randomly when I'm playing games my PC will get a BSOD with the error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL attached to it, some games it doesn't do it for at all, others it does it for consistently, I don't think it's the games problems either because it is about a dozen games within the past few weeks that it started happening too that never had any problems before. I haven't changed anything in my PC for at least a year either. I've done a lot of troubleshooting and nothing has solved the problem. I've tried all the things listed below
1. updating drivers
2. reverting driver updates
3. clean installing drivers
4. scanning for malware
5. running windows memory diagnostics
6. checking system files in CMD prompt with "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" and
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"
7. checking system files in CMD prompt with "SFC /scannow"
7. updating windows
8. disk cleanup
9. disk defrag
10. checking drive status in CMD prompt with "wmic diskdrive get status, model"
11. disabling any 3rd party services in msconfig
The only other solutions I'm seeing are replacing very expensive parts until it works normal again which I'd like to avoid if possible
If anyone has any questions about the problem or ideas to help please let me know here! I greatly appreciate it <3

Sep 12, 2024
Hey all! First time posting here, usually able to solve problems with enough trial and error but I just can't figure this one out, about a few weeks ago my PC has started having some major problems that I just can't solve. Randomly when I'm playing games my PC will get a BSOD with the error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL attached to it, some games it doesn't do it for at all, others it does it for consistently, I don't think it's the games problems either because it is about a dozen games within the past few weeks that it started happening too that never had any problems before. I haven't changed anything in my PC for at least a year either. I've done a lot of troubleshooting and nothing has solved the problem. I've tried all the things listed below
1. updating drivers
4. scanning for malware
6. checking system files in CMD prompt with "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" and
7. updating windows
8. disk cleanup
9. disk defrag
The only other solutions I'm seeing are replacing very expensive parts until it works normal again which I'd like to avoid if possible
If anyone has any questions about the problem or ideas to help please let me know here! I greatly appreciate it <3
Also here's my PC specs:
CPU: Intel i9 10900f
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX3060ti
Motherboard: ASRock Z590 Phantom
Liquid Cooling: DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX
PSU: Thermaltake 750w
RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3600
SSD: HP EX900 M.2 4TB PCle NVME
I also have 2 other drives in my PC but not sure if that matters or not

1. updating drivers
4. scanning for malware
7. updating windows
8. disk cleanup
9. disk defrag
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run.....no errors allowed.

Run a pass of crystal disk info and show a screenshot for each disk.