BSOD is not creating logs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
D

Deleted member 1587028

So basically I've had many issues over the last few years involving random BSODS with this computer, however for the past few months it has settled down. However today I started my pc and got 2 BSOD's in 20 mins. I want to start from the bottom and check everything, but the issue is when my computer BSOD's it doesn't seem to write any log to the minidump file. Last time it BSOD'd it also didnt write logs (about 6 months ago). In my control panel system settings I have ticked "write an event to the system log", automactically restart is unticked, and the debugging information is set to small memory dump (256 KB) and its directory is the correct minidump file. Any ideas, because once I can get logs I can then start to solve all of this!
Thanks for any help :D

D

Deleted member 1587028

Hahahah Sorry :p I wanted to see if it installed those new chipset drivers, but I have no idea if they installed, or what I am looking for. Dont want any outdated drivers!

Colif

Win 11 Master
okay, i would look in control panel/programs/uninstall a program (just looking, no touching) and see if it shows in the listing there - I don't know if it will or not. If you didn't get an error, i would say they did.

D

Deleted member 1587028

10 mins into turning it on today it frooze! :D Any ideas? Should I do that memtest? It may be worth noting I didnt disable my audio device totally, only the nvidia one, I still hear sounds from realtek

D

Deleted member 1587028

Fair enough, next time it crashes I will turn it off and see what happens, would you still recommend a few passes of memtest? if so how many?

D

Deleted member 1587028

Still not having any crashes (last 5 boots), something seems to be working (touch wood), will let you know if and when i get any more issues. Thanks for all your help guys :D

D

Deleted member 1587028

Sooooooo guess whos back :p
Had a few issues, including a bsod, so I turned off all of the services I was slowly turning back on and just now it shutdown (with all services and boot progrmas turned off), when I say shutdown I mean as in cable pulled from back black screen shutdown.
Any ideas?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Having been bitten by suggesting it was power on page 1, Colif just looks on in awe at it being suggested again. Only joking but its like de ja vu, it would seem your psu is mostly reliable but some days it just goes nope, not going to work

I am not suggesting anything, I am just sitting on the fence watching the show :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1587028

Hahahah :D Yeah I thought I had it fixed, and its no longer bluescreening or freezing it just sorta stops :( I'll keep you updated on what happens but yeah I do have a good PSU, I understand they can still "burn out" and whatever, but it I haven't added any hardware, and it was a high rated corsair one, with more than enough juice for my rig. Im going to give it all a good clean out tomorrow to see if that helps anything!