Question BSOD Issues

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 28, 2022
I've had my gaming laptop for a while now, but it's been crashing multiple times in VR. Wer're talking 300 times since i've taken count on it since last year and now it's not even fun having it. I keep crashing, I can't even enjoy my fun in VR, i'm stumped, and i've punched it multiple times because it's that useless trying to play anything on it anymore. I don't know what else to even do about this anymore. I tried everything and my friends have tried and got nowhere. Everything's updated, did a sfc scan, modified the verifier app to verify some apps, and did other things and i'm still getting nothing. This is what it's always giving. "irql not less or equal", "kmode exception not handled", and "system service exception". I've hit it a few times from rage, but at this point, i'd rather just trash it and give up bothering anymore. I've had it and I need any help that can work. And no, formatting is a last ditch option i've already done and it's still there.

Specs: ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop A15 FA50IV
RAM: 8gb(Had 16 gigs, but took out half of the ram)
Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2060
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H

VR setup: Oculus Rift CV1

i_quit.JPG

Jan 28, 2022

Colif

Win 11 Master
okay, i get Gardenman to read dumps.

It doesn't crash when I have my VR just plugged into it on its own. But when I put it on, it crashes when I use use it.
So just don't use it (not serious advice). Kind of pointless if its okay to be plugged in but crashes as soon as you use the oculus.
Took me a while to work out what sentence was saying :)

So the oculus is plugged in via USB? I thought they were WiFi or BT these days? (its obvious I don't have one)
I see it is USB looking at drivers.

Jan 28, 2022
okay, i get Gardenman to read dumps.

So just don't use it (not serious advice). Kind of pointless if its okay to be plugged in but crashes as soon as you use the oculus.
Took me a while to work out what sentence was saying :)

So the oculus is plugged in via USB? I thought they were WiFi or BT these days? (its obvious I don't have one)
I see it is USB looking at drivers.

I have a Oculus Rift CV1. I don't have the money to buy a upgrade to really use a more easier system when I have almost 7 things plugged in, including my fullbody tracking which is plugged into another hub for those 3 dongles.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/akg0q6sf/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:020622-11687-01.dmp (Feb 6 2022 - 19:48:03)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Jan 28, 2022
Alright, thanks. It still crashes as of now. I've tried everything as much as I could. It crashes with the other crashes which was Irql Not Less Or Equal, Clock Watchdog Timeout, Attempted Execute of Nonexecute Memory, and System Service Exception. I'm just gonna give up on this computer to be resolved. I'll have to throw this headset away, or find out how to get a better one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
are there new drivers for the oculus?
Mar 11 2016OCULUS119B.sysOculus VR Audio Headset driver (Oculus VR, LLC.)
Aug 27 2016ocusbvid111.sysOculus USB Video driver
Aug 02 2017Oculus_ViGEmBus.sysOculus Virtual Gamepad Emulation Bus driver

Feb 11 2021oculusvad.sysOculus VAD driver

since its one of the causes.

none of the dumps are showing me any clue apart from the one that blamed WIFI. With that driver still being on PC now, its impossible to say if any of these aren't caused by it still. You might need to get another WiFi dongle and see if you still crash with it.

Jan 28, 2022
I've checked
are there new drivers for the oculus?
Mar 11 2016OCULUS119B.sysOculus VR Audio Headset driver (Oculus VR, LLC.)

Aug 27 2016ocusbvid111.sysOculus USB Video driver
Aug 02 2017Oculus_ViGEmBus.sysOculus Virtual Gamepad Emulation Bus driver

Feb 11 2021oculusvad.sysOculus VAD driver

since its one of the causes.

none of the dumps are showing me any clue apart from the one that blamed WIFI. With that driver still being on PC now, its impossible to say if any of these aren't caused by it still. You might need to get another WiFi dongle and see if you still crash with it.
out everything after a while and did a memory test. It looks like bad RAM. The test stopped at 21% with the overall test being 10%. So i'm hoping this is the cause for all these crashes, but it'll be a while before I order any better RAM to make it function right.

Jan 28, 2022
bad ram will cause perfectly fine drivers to show errors, so if it is bad, its likely cause of most of the errors.

if you have proof of purchase, you can rma the ram back to Kingston and they should replace it for free.

Still lingering around? This laptop is pretty much obsolete at this point. It's crashed on me for no reason last night and it was like 5am when it happened and when I put my headset for VR on, the computer immediately crashed. So clearly it hates VR. I do have the latest crash if you're up for seeing that which is as usual, IRQL..

Jan 28, 2022
Obsolete?

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics

all its drivers are from last 2 years - https://www.asus.com/au/Laptops/For-Gaming/TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-A15/HelpDesk_Download/

give us dumps, we can at least try.

I'm currently on another topic, but some said it's likely a bad cpu pointer. A user brought up some drivers, but I don't know if I need to disable them, or remove them. they brought all these up:

AsusWmiAcpi
ocusbvid111
AsRadioControl
Oculus_ViGEmBus
vbaudio_vmvaio64_win10
vbaudio_cable64_win7
AsusPTPFilter
OCULUS119B
AsusSAIO
----------
network related drivers:
rt640x64
rtwlane
RtkBtfilter

Same Topic: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...this-computer-crashing.3762629/#post-22692915

Latest crash: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LooeXrHMVdflBGzCIGwrJI_jCPHwBNm_/view?usp=sharing