[SOLVED] BSOD "Kernal Data Inpage Error"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Im getting a blue screen of death error
Stop code: KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR
What failed: win32kfull.sys

It happens randomly when i play video games or watch a youtube video on google chrome, and the system is failing to create a dump file no matter how much i try, i've tested the ram sticks with memtest (no errors) and i've scanned the drives for bad sectors (100% health).

My specs:
- i3 10100F
-GTX 1650 Gddr6
-H510m pro-e
-16Gb ram 2666 mhz
-120gb SSD (for system)
-500gb HDD (for games)
-450W PSU
-Windows 10 Home

Any help is appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
RADAR - a memory leak but in the game, not in a driver or windows.
RADAR is a memory leak detection technology built into Windows and integrated with Watson (error reporting) and AutoBug (automatic bug filing).

victim blames elden ring... no, exe files don't cause BSOD.
try opening windows store and running updates. thats not likely to be cause but I see store agent scans not finishing so might as well clear them.

None of the BSOD are there.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You using Microsoft Office Access 10 or McAfee products?
The last time win32kfull.sys was updated was with Access 10, so it's possible there's a version conflict if that's been reset or changed.

Check windows Event Viewer for the bsod red flags, critical errors. Should have a bunch of unexpected shutdowns, but might get lucky and find one that isn't. Also look through the yellow warnings for any highly repetitive errors as those can lead to other errors and be the root cause to the bsod event.

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
You using Microsoft Office Access 10 or McAfee products?
The last time win32kfull.sys was updated was with Access 10, so it's possible there's a version conflict if that's been reset or changed.

Check windows Event Viewer for the bsod red flags, critical errors. Should have a bunch of unexpected shutdowns, but might get lucky and find one that isn't. Also look through the yellow warnings for any highly repetitive errors as those can lead to other errors and be the root cause to the bsod event.

Hi. im not running any of those programs, my event viewer logs show alot of warnings ID 225 "kernel pnp" and ID 10016 "Distributed COM", ive actually got a BSOD while typing this reply!!!!! this time the stop code is "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" i cant believe all of this is happening on a brand new pc....

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/8WEU0Ot

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Distributed Com is common, been around since Win7 and I don't think anyone has ever come up with either a satisfactory fix for it or any reason it pops up. It doesn't affect anything, basically harmless.
That kernal PnP isn't. It usually means there's something missing. And as many as it's popping at the same time is disturbing. Open one up and see what it's looking for. It's usually linked to some hardware that's missing software or drivers.

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Distributed Com is common, been around since Win7 and I don't think anyone has ever come up with either a satisfactory fix for it or any reason it pops up. It doesn't affect anything, basically harmless.
That kernal PnP isn't. It usually means there's something missing. And as many as it's popping at the same time is disturbing. Open one up and see what it's looking for. It's usually linked to some hardware that's missing software or drivers.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/QcuZdV1

those kernel pnp errors are showing all kind of stuff, these are some of them...

Colif

Win 11 Master
DCOM is normal, and many events only failed once, the very next time they worked fine. although those are all at same time... they all result of the same device not responding

VEN 8086 DEV 43D2
500 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43D2 - http://deviceinbox.com/id/ven-8086-dev-43D2.html
SUBSYS 7D231462 REV 11\3 - I can't find anything on this.

unexpected Store exception is a virtual memory error. The store in question is used by CPU to track the location of files in virtual memory. They either in the page file on SSD or in RAM. Often its page file.

Kernal Data inpage was also page file.

I am starting to think its the ssd even though it is testing right.
SATA/AHCI is what the ssd runs off.

its only 120gb right? I would upgrade to a larger sized one and use the 120 as storage instead. Win 10 works better with more space as well, gives more wiggle room. lets you maybe put a game on it instead of just windows/programs. My last PC only had a 250gb ssd (and a hdd) and I only used ssd for windows. Now I have 1tb I just use it for everything, hdd is mostly ignored.

The last time win32kfull.sys was updated was with Access 10,
what is its purpose anyway, I see it everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafik1722

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
when you recreated page file before, was it on C drive? just checking, it should be. I have just seen windows use hdd for files before if C is small.

Yes i only had a page file on c drive, the d drive was set to "no paging file", this is what the system set bcuz i had it on "let windows configure page file automaticaly"

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Update: switching the SATA device from the 500 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller to the Default windows SATA controller seemed to fix the kernel pnp event 225 errors, and so far i got no BSOD after the switch, pc has been running good for 2 days now.

The 500 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller kept trying to eject my SSD and HDD for some raison, it detected them as removable, so i tried uninstalling and updating that driver but it didnt fix it, so i just turned it off completly for the default windows SATA controller.

Colif

Win 11 Master
my pc thinks my 3tb hdd is removable, but it has yet tried to eject it.

I had not seen the intel sata drivers cause problems before, I know the AMD ones can.

perhaps controller was to blame all along, is ssd working fine now?

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
my pc thinks my 3tb hdd is removable, but it has yet tried to eject it.

I had not seen the intel sata drivers cause problems before, I know the AMD ones can.

perhaps controller was to blame all along, is ssd working fine now?
Yes the SSD is working completly fine since i switched to the windows default SATA drives, do you think i might have other drivers conflicting with the intel SATA drives? My Bios is updated now and every driver is on the latest version.

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
it could have just been the drivers, looking on google I can see two other cases where it was those drivers.

Any driver can go bad, it is what makes the job of figuring out cause so annoying sometimes.
But shouldnt a driver get fixed if u reinstall and update it again? Since its software right? In my case it did not get fixed

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last edited:
Solution

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022

TRENDING THREADS