[SOLVED] BSOD on boot up every couple days

Jul 14, 2021
Hey, about a month ago i bought myself a new Pc, the specs are - gigabyte 3070 vision - i7 10700k - asus prime z490-a - corsair 16gb ram 3200mhz - rosewill capstone 850M - 1tb timetec SSD. I am not sure if the problem is Hardware or software. So the issues are maybe every 3-7 days i get a BSOD on boot up, the pc restarts and everything works fine after. i go in the event viewer and i see : event 6008 The previous system shutdown at 04:00:14 on ‎2021-‎07-‎14 was unexpected. - event 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. And it creates a bugcheck minidump everytime with either a 3b or a0 code. any help would be very appreciated !

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
Jul 14, 2021
I am not an expert by any means and I don't even understand much of what you wrote. I can't explain the BSOD but when I got my new laptop, it was also rebooting unexpectedly when I was away. It turned out that the laptop was automatically restarting because, as a new computer, it was updating Windows with major upgrades. After the auto-reboots, the computer would often crash until several manual reboots later. My laptop has stopped doing that now that Windows has stabilized and only download minor updates.

Unfortunately, I see no way to turn off automatic restarts. All I can find is a temporary pause or limiting the hours it can reboot. But I cannot turn off automatic rebooting. And that's a huge problems because it restarted multiple times while I was processing huge databases or videos, causing me to lose a lot of work.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution