Question BSOD on new PC help?

teahunter

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
I recently bought a new custom PC, a business put it all together, installed Windows then shipped it up to me in December.
But just recently in the past few days or so I have been getting BSODs. I tried a few different things like checking for malware, verifying stuff and the /scannow thingo (this side of tech isn't really my thing), did a memory scan. Pretty much followed any of the guides online I could follow and still I get these BSODs. Please help

Here's a link to the dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atur3H0h47WtgeUYxBhvzkiyQHLNCw?e=vm8Osb
So far I think they've all be on the "automatic dump" setting, sorry if this isn't helpful.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, welcome to the forums.

MbamChameleon.sys caused one of the crashes. Temporarily remove Malwarebytes.
(Dump file: 011121-5843-01.dmp - Jan 11 2021 - 07:15:22)

Scarlett.Crush has been known to cause BSODs. Often installed with joysticks and such. Temporarily uninstall it.

Remove any overclocks (CPU and GPU).
(Based on you having the KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE bugcheck).

See if there is a newer version of the NVIDIA drivers.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
(Based on the date of nvlddmkm.sys which is Dec 03 2020).

Which "memory scan" did you do? The Windows Memory Diagnostic isn't that reliable. We recommend memtest86 and using it on 1 ram stick at a time. You have two ram sticks, which means you would need to remove 1, run the test (twice for a total of 8 passes), then switch the sticks out and run it again on the 2nd stick.

Dump results: https://jsfiddle.net/h67g0mpw/show
This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

Note: If this is a new PC as you say, I would simply return it if we can't find a simple fix right away. No one should have to deal with BSODs on a new PC. It's either a driver issue, or a hardware issue. If you reseat the RAM and GPU (gently take them out and put the back in) and still have problems, I'd recommend sending it back.

Colif

Win 11 Master

teahunter

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
Hi, welcome to the forums.

MbamChameleon.sys caused one of the crashes. Temporarily remove Malwarebytes.
(Dump file: 011121-5843-01.dmp - Jan 11 2021 - 07:15:22)

Scarlett.Crush has been known to cause BSODs. Often installed with joysticks and such. Temporarily uninstall it.

Remove any overclocks (CPU and GPU).
(Based on you having the KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE bugcheck).

See if there is a newer version of the NVIDIA drivers.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
(Based on the date of nvlddmkm.sys which is Dec 03 2020).

Which "memory scan" did you do? The Windows Memory Diagnostic isn't that reliable. We recommend memtest86 and using it on 1 ram stick at a time. You have two ram sticks, which means you would need to remove 1, run the test (twice for a total of 8 passes), then switch the sticks out and run it again on the 2nd stick.

Hey! Thanks for the speedy reply!

I've uninstalled Malwarebytes and updated my NVIDIA driver(s?)
The memory scan I did was the WMD I think. The more I can put off opening up my PC to scan the RAMs the better because well, I don't wanna mess with them. Last resort kinda thing in my mind.
I don't know how to remove and overclocks I have or even where this "Scarlett.Crush" might be. I searched my computer and have no clue. The only thing I can think of is the DS4Windows think for my playstation remote.

teahunter

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
May 24 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
upgrade your NIC drivers, 3rd link here under windows - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
There might be a newer version of Scarlet Crush, I know there is one from 2015 but i think i have seen newer recently.
Yeah, there are newer Nvidia drivers, dated 7/1/21

I downloaded it and installed it, using the setup.exe rather than the autoinstall.exe (I hope this was right?).
I don't know anything about Scarlet Crush, as in I don't know what it is or where it might be.

gardenman

Splendid
I understand not wanting to open the PC up. Don't open the case if it voids your warranty. You can run memtest86 on both sticks at the same time. If you get any errors, then 1 or both sticks are faulty. Then you could open the case and test them one at a time to determine which one. Be aware that memtest86 will likely take hours to run the 4 passes (then you need to start it again to complete 8 passes total).

I'm still sticking to my guns, when I say that if this isn't a quick fix that the system should be returned. Once you do everything that you can do, use the system and if it's continuing to crash, you can upload more dumps or return it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I understand not wanting to open the PC up. Don't open the case if it voids your warranty. You can run memtest86 on both sticks at the same time. If you get any errors, then 1 or both sticks are faulty.
actually, I wouldn't open case at this point, it depends on if that breaks warranty or not. If ram is reporting errors, he best contact the people who made it and ask them what to do from there. Only after they say its okay to open it, would I do that.

Its a new PC, the place that sent it out should have tested hardware before sending it

teahunter

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
Heya folks,

Yet again I'm asking for your help because I still don't know what to do. As per my previous thread I followed most of the advice given to me and it seemed to help... for a time.
But, well, I'm here again aren't I.
Could any of you wonderful and smart people take a look at these and tell me what to do? It would be greatly appreciated <3

Dump files OneDrive link

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/7hot15zf/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:012821-7109-01.dmp (Jan 28 2021 - 03:05:01)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: Discord.exe)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 53 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

File information:012621-5921-01.dmp (Jan 26 2021 - 01:11:06)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: System)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
@gardenman ene.sys is also part of MSI Dragon Centre. Soon most mb makers will use same rgb drivers. if only they talked to each other. Standards would be nice.
OC software likely part of MSI Gaming App, i noticed it can overclock.

so discord keeps crashing even with latest realtek drivers.

update chipset drivers - on driver tab, under System & Chipset drivers - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS#down-bios

according to MSI website they have newer LAN drivers than you do now, same link as above under LAN Drivers
though it might just be a new package with same old drivers, worth a try.'

4 non beta updates for BIOS above yours, newer bios might be more compatible with your CPU.
Current bios dated Jan 2020, your CPU released 6 months later. So it probably helps to update to Version AB as then BIOS will know what CPU is capable of.

MSI shows how to update

teahunter

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
ment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

Hi yes! I can verify that this is my motherboard.

teahunter

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
@gardenman ene.sys is also part of MSI Dragon Centre. Soon most mb makers will use same rgb drivers. if only they talked to each other. Standards would be nice.
OC software likely part of MSI Gaming App, i noticed it can overclock.

so discord keeps crashing even with latest realtek drivers.

update chipset drivers - on driver tab, under System & Chipset drivers - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS#down-bios

according to MSI website they have newer LAN drivers than you do now, same link as above under LAN Drivers
though it might just be a new package with same old drivers, worth a try.'

4 non beta updates for BIOS above yours, newer bios might be more compatible with your CPU.
Current bios dated Jan 2020, your CPU released 6 months later. So it probably helps to update to Version AB as then BIOS will know what CPU is capable of.

MSI shows how to update

Just so I can make sure for a bit of piece of mind I'm going to try and repeat back to you your suggestion. Sorry if this is a bother, I just don't want to screw up my PC.

1. Get the AMD chipset driver update
  2. Get the Realtek ethernet driver update
  3. Get the most recent BIOS update that isn't beta'd

Is there a way to disable the OC software thats part of the MSI app without just outright getting rid of it?
And are there any solutions to the discord crashes?

Thank you both so much for your help so far!!

Colif

Win 11 Master
i think the bios update likely to help the most as they probably should have updated it before installing your CPU. On most motherboards they released updated bios versions when the XT CPU were released, I think bios version A8 on your motherboard is similar, it came out in July. I have a 3600XT, its why I knew there was a bios update

teahunter

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
Can you believe I'm still here, still encountering errors despite my best efforts?

As per the last thread, I updated my BIOS, chipset, and LAN drivers (or at least believe I did)
Still the BSOD's plague me. Even got a new error so at least this machine is keeping it interesting.

Here is today's dump files

And if you want to be thorough, here are the dump files from 3 days ago

Thank you, you wonderful smart people, in advance

teahunter

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
So, as not per my last thread I didn't download the snail driver or whatever because... well, I don't know anything about it and being told to download something I've never heard of isn't generally considered a smart thing.
Here's the dump file from today. My computer crashed just as I clicked to join a voice chat in discord so really excellent timing on it's part.

DUMPFILE

Just for some background, this computer is only 2 months old, the BIOS, chipets and LAN drivers are all up to date (to my knowledge) and I'm just getting real freakin' tired of this.

Edit: Another crash happened while I was out, added it to the dumpfile link

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
why are you making new threads about same or similar problem?

trying to get 2nd opinions? Can lead to duplicate suggestions, or conflicting ones.
I will ask a friend to check dumps but please stop making new ones.

what are specs of the PC?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Upload SS ( screenshots ) of what Snail finds please. Don't update any drivers.

SnailDriver for PC's
https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Snail-Driver.shtml

Easier ways to find a list of drivers than to ask people to download a driver updating tool
dump files include it
Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html will show the drivers on PC, thats all. It doesn't download anything, All it does it use windows commands that are built into the OS and formats results so they easier to read than in CMD.

I try to tell people not to use 3rd party driver updaters as they can get it wrong. Better to use Driver view, and manually look through results to find old drivers.

@teahunter i see i have tried to help you before. I will try again.

Last edited:

teahunter

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
Hi! Sorry if making new threads is bad. I don't know the forum etiquette around thread making so I'm sorry about that. Should I just add onto this thread in the future?

I booted up DriverView and am at a bit of a loss with what I am supposed to do. I assume the drivers in the pink lines are either bad or just foreign, the rest being native to the system?

DSzymborski

Titan
Hi! Sorry if making new threads is bad. I don't know the forum etiquette around thread making so I'm sorry about that. Should I just add onto this thread in the future?

I booted up DriverView and am at a bit of a loss with what I am supposed to do. I assume the drivers in the pink lines are either bad or just foreign, the rest being native to the system?

Yes, add onto this thread in the future. We want everyone to keep it to one thread for several reasons. First, if you allow people to open numerous threads on the same problem, you create an issue in which, in a very busy forum, there are even more threads, pushing other people's problems down. Second is a practical concern for the people needing help: people are less likely to help when they have to do extensive legwork to research the entire history of a problem. Someone needing to know what was going on would have to track down each of your previous threads and then have to sit there with four threads open to figure out what's going on. And someone who missed your reference to previous threads will have zero idea what's going on.

We don't allow people to bump their own threads, but if you're adding legitimately new information -- and you appear to be -- that's not an issue here. That's just to avoid people saying BUMP so they keep moving their thread to the top of the line.

I'll merge the threads so that people that may be able to help you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes!