Question BSOD ON NEW PC

Nov 27, 2022
I got a blue screen crash on my newly built system, not sure if i had done something wrong and or how to fix it.
Blue screen is
STOP CODE: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
WHAT FAILED: ntoskrnl.exe

I've looked everywhere for a solution, went through drivers, used DriverFix, checked event viewer, and tried to figure out my WINDBG debug file, and checked windows memory diagnostics. no solutions.
Crash occured while playing MW2, not sure why all of the sudden after 3 days of usage

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

what is Driverfix?

NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

Nov 27, 2022
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
what is Driverfix?

NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause
i dont have that folder, i do have a memory.dmp folder though

Colif

Win 11 Master
How big is the memory dump? I can look at it but all it will show me is the drivers running. I can at least suggest newer ones. Someone else might actually find something in it.

What are specs of the PC?

irq errors can be ram so you could run memtest
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Nov 27, 2022
We don't have any idea what parts you are using.
MOTHERBOARD: Aasus tuf gaming x670e-plus WF
CPU: RYZEN 7950X
GPU: PNY RTX 4080 XLR8 VERTO OC
RAM: G.SKILL 32gb DDR5 C36 FX B
SSD: CRUCIAL 500GB P3 PLUS GEN 4 NVME (BOOT DRIVE)
SAMSUNG E 2TB 980 PRO NVME

my case and cooler are sufficient for sure, i over did those

Nov 27, 2022
How big is the memory dump? I can look at it but all it will show me is the drivers running. I can at least suggest newer ones. Someone else might actually find something in it.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it
2 gb

Nov 27, 2022

Do i have to install on a flashdrive? im not sure i have one at this moment

Colif

Win 11 Master
3rd party driver updaters can make things worse as they aren't always accurate/ Asus Armory Crate should have been able to update your PC.

Yes, memtest is off a USB

if you upload dump to a file sharing website I can have a look but i really don't get much more than the windbg report shows. Just drivers running.

Nov 27, 2022
3rd party driver updaters can make things worse as they aren't always accurate/ Asus Armory Crate should have been able to update your PC.

if you upload dump to a file sharing website I can have a look but i really don't get much more than the windbg report shows. Just drivers running.
i didnt actually attempt to install anything, just used to check what it could have been as most i tried to manually update it didnt work, i did not instal armoury crate though yet
could that be an issue?

Nov 27, 2022

if its not useful i can wait until it crashes again and then try, how would i go about uploading it anyway?

Colif

Win 11 Master

you can upload it like step 6
might have to copy file to another location before it will let you zip it. You don't own the original, the system does.

just wait for next crash

Nov 27, 2022
is there any way to upload my event logs and reliability
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8075855f5fd).
error code from pc shutting down in reliability

Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎11/‎27/‎2022 1:36 AM

Status
Report sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: a