Question BSoD on reboot, followed by BSoD failed local reinstall

ADM_Tetanus

Prominent
Feb 23, 2020
Imma start from what I assume was the cause, but I don't really know. As my pc is currently out of commission I'm using my phone, so I apologise for formatting.

I was unable to install msfs2020 through the Xbox beta app, one supposed fix around this was to disconnect any second monitors from the machine. I closed the Xbox app & disconnected the second monitor. When I re-opened the app, my pc shut down.

I was then stuck in a reboot loop until windows intervened and I hit a blue screen. I attempted to revert to an image from earlier today, but the problems persisted. After this the reboot cycle even let me log in a couple times before hitting the blue screen. The usual fixes didn't appear so I decided to take more drastic action & reinstall windows from this blue screen menu.

Downloading from the cloud said no for some reason, so I went for the local version. I got past the 'resetting this PC' screen, but after a while of 'installing windows' it decided to revert changes. Eventually it rebooted & hit the same blue screen menu it had hit so many times before.

Any help is appreciated, I've been through a constant spiral just to try & play msfs2020, but I'm going back to school in a few days and really need a functional pc before then.

ADM_Tetanus

Prominent
Feb 23, 2020
I'm currently trying to reset again, I'm clinging on to the hope that it might work this time, but I'm doubtful

Update - it did not. I'm attempting to system restore again but it's not looking good

Last edited: