[SOLVED] [BSOD] PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32kfull.sys

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 21, 2020
Hello,

PC randomly BSOD twice while I was browsing on Firefox.
I've have driver issues before which I believed I fixed, but it seems to always pop up randomly out of no where.
Have done pretty much everything to check my hard drive, ram, used the SFC command in cmd, reinstalled some drivers like my gpu and internet drivers.
Killer Network drivers always seem to come up when I've had people check my bsod so at this point I'm suspecting something wrong with that but I'm not 100% sure and it's driving me nuts.

Any help to figure what the cause is would be great appreciated! :)

edit: forgot to include the second dump whoops

Last edited:
Solution
I know you've had the RAM for 2 years and didn't have problems, but RAM can "go bad". Have you tested it yet?

You can start with Windows Memory Diagnostic, the built-in Windows test. It doesn't take that long. It took about 20 minutes for my 12GB a few weeks back. Windows Memory Diagnostic isn't that reliable though.

memtest86 is much more reliable. We usually suggest to test each stick individually, 1 at a time, for at least 4 passes but more is better. You can run it with all RAM but if you get an error, you'll then need to test each RAM stick one a time to determine which one is faulty.

If you do decide to do the full memtest86 and only test 1 RAM stick at a time, you should also try testing only 1 set at a time too (not memtest...
Nov 21, 2020
Another BSOD
Here's the seventh latest dump:

I kept my USB microphone unplugged since the last BSOD and still didn't have the bluetooth usb plugged in either when it BSOD.
Also I did uninstall Logitech G Hub but I found out after the BSOD while checking, it auto-reinstalled itself onto my PC without me knowing.
So I turned off Automatic Driver Downloads option and didn't see Logitech G Hud reinstall itself.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/9yk06eLh/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:021721-5890-01.dmp (Feb 17 2021 - 19:20:37)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: lghub_agent.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The file that crashed is part of G Hub, so it seems it got back on.
What Logitech do you have? Can you use another spare item instead of it so G hub won't reinstall itself?
(if you already told me, sorry... i have a headache today and might have missed it)

Nov 21, 2020
no probs,
I have a Logitech G600 mouse.
I don't currently have another mouse laying around but I did get G hud from re-installing itself by disabling the automatic driver installer option.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/adt7vo8y/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:022221-6453-01.dmp (Feb 22 2021 - 15:55:32)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: NVIDIA Share.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 50 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

gardenman

Splendid
I know you've had the RAM for 2 years and didn't have problems, but RAM can "go bad". Have you tested it yet?

You can start with Windows Memory Diagnostic, the built-in Windows test. It doesn't take that long. It took about 20 minutes for my 12GB a few weeks back. Windows Memory Diagnostic isn't that reliable though.

memtest86 is much more reliable. We usually suggest to test each stick individually, 1 at a time, for at least 4 passes but more is better. You can run it with all RAM but if you get an error, you'll then need to test each RAM stick one a time to determine which one is faulty.

If you do decide to do the full memtest86 and only test 1 RAM stick at a time, you should also try testing only 1 set at a time too (not memtest, but try running PC with only 1 set).

Solution
Nov 21, 2020

If you do decide to do the full memtest86 and only test 1 RAM stick at a time, you should also try testing only 1 set at a time too (not memtest, but try running PC with only 1 set).
I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and result was there was no errors or issues.
I did the memtest86 on each stick and all of them passed with no errors.

I got two different pairs of ram, two G.Skill DDR3 4GB sticks and the other are two HyperX Kingston DDR3 4GB sticks. Both run at 1600mhz.
The G.Skill ones I bought from 2014 while the pair from the ones I got 2 years ago.
(Apologies if I didn't specify this earlier in the thread)

I'm gonna try running with just the G.Skill ram sticks and see if the BSOD still occurs.
I will report back if the situation changes. :)

Reactions: gardenman

Colif

Win 11 Master
As long as I knew... its along lines of why i don't suggest a bios update on 5 year old motherboards if nothing has changed internally in that time, it often isn't problem and won't help.

worth a try though, better than to waste more time if it is cause.

Nov 21, 2020
I haven't had any BSOD or issues since I removed the kingston ram from my PC. I currently got the older G.Skill ram installed and it's passed 4/5 days without BSOD.
Not to jinx it, but I think that ram might had been the issue. I'll post again if any issues happen.

Thanks for the assistants! :)

Reactions: Colif and gardenman