BSOD Please help! irql_not_less_or_equal

Terry_1044

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
I have been having issues with The blue screen of death.
irql_not_less_or_equal

I do not know how to open the .dmp file so if you can tell me how to open it and
i will add it later on.

My system is a homebuilt

Sigma power engine 535
Intel core2duo E7400 Oced to 3.4 ghz
Sapphire Radeon HD5550 1gb DDR2 gpu Oced 675mhz Mem Oced 475mhz
ASRock G43twins-FullHD
Linksys RangePlus Pci adapter
Diamond Multimedia 7.1 extreme audio
4 Gb Crucial memory 333mhz DDR2 800
80gb Seagate barracuda 7200rpm
Windows 7 home premium 32bit

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Terry_1044

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009

Well the first time it happend was yesterday I believe I figured i should update my video cards driver to the latest available so i did and
my machine kept giving me bsod so i did a fresh install of windows 7 with drivers i know work, (im new to windows 7 i just switched to it last Tuesday Xp disk was scratched). And all was running fine until just about half an hour ago i was watching some star trek enterprise on media centers online tv and installing fallout 3 and it crashed with the same error i was getting yesterday. "irql_not_less_or_equal"

Well I would do a few things:

Check the memory. Check the settings in the BIOS and make sure that the timing and the voltage is set to their spec (normally on the side of the memory sticks). Once that is done, make sure they are seated in their slots properly.

If that doesn't fix it, google and run Memtest 86+ (they have a bootable image). Run it for a good 3 or so runs and if it passes its good and might be the HDD. If it doesn't pass then take out one stick at a time and test each one to find the bad stick.

If it does pass then run a HDD tester. I prefer Spinrite.

Try that and get back to us.