BSOD problem I just can't solve

devious00

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hello any computer guru's out there smarter than myself.

I just built a new PC in the last month and I have been having an issue with a BSOD that I just can't solve.

The PC boots up fine, I can use it and play games, watch movies or browse the net for a while and after a couple hours I get a blue screen with the stop code: 0x4e pfn_list_corrupt

If I view the dump file using BlueScreenView it tells me the likely suspect is 'ntoskrnl.exe'. How I go about fixing this is beyond me, I've tried reformatting a few times with different OSes ranging from Vista to W7 to W8 and it's always been the same. I've also tried reseating my ram. I took out my GPU and cleaned all the slots in case there was any dust in there but nothing changed.

I've ran memtest86 and my ram came out clean.

Any help and ideas would be greatly accepted and appreciated at this point.

Nothing has been overclocked.

Here's a screenshot of what BlueScreenView tells me.
http://i.imgur.com/XUwamvn.jpg

Specs:
Mobo- ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0
Cpu- AMD FX-8350 8 Core AM3+ 4.0GHZ
Cpu Cooler - Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100I
Gpu - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
RAM - Patriot Viper 3 8GB 2X4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24
HD- WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S
PSU- Thermaltake TR2 RX 650W
Tower- Cooler Master Haf 932
OS- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

start with the mb bios make sure the bios has all of the bios patches installed for ram and cpu code. use cpu-z read your ram speed and voltage to see if the mb set it up right. use gpu-z to see if the video card is running fine. use hardware monitor to watch your cpu and gpu temps. see if one them are getting hot. try using msi afterburner to turn the gpu fan on sooner to rule out gpu over heat. if your system still bsod try a test power supply to see if the one your using is rippling out when hot or dropping below atx spec,

devious00

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply.

My mobo came with the bios version 1503. There are two newer versions released since the one mine came with and I don't think either have what you mentioned. (Version 1708 was to 'Fix HDD(1TB up) read error under win XP of IDE mode.' and Version 1903 'Fixed Power On By RTC function failed.')

I don't think it's a heat problem when it comes to my CPU and GPU, but my PSU could be a likely cause and would have to look at picking one up although the PSU isn't overheating it could be just simply be dying. The soonest I can pick up a new one is Friday.

GPU and CPU temps are normal without having to change the fan speeds under no load.

GPU @ 20% fan speed with no load running at 30 celcius.
CPU @ 40% fan speed with no load running at 31 celcius.

A screenshot of CPU-Z's Memory tab:
Memory: http://i.imgur.com/FnbMP3e.png