BSOD Problems. I don't know what to do.

Ben_58

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
For a few months now I have been getting two types of BSODs. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and MEMORY_MANAGMENT. It usually happens when i'm playing a game, and then happens a few more times in or out of game. I built this pc. The specs are:

i3-6100
GTX 750 ti
8(2x4) GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 ram
Asrock Pro4s motherboard
Stock cpu cooler
WD blue hd

I tried googling for an answer but all the answers are just telling you to install software that will not help.

EDIT: I have windows 10 64 bit and blue screen view says it is caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Ben_58

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

I did and it said no errors. I also ran the windows diagnostic tools, nothing. I need to mention that GTA V crashed and said something about a zlib error. I don't know what that is. After that I got another blue screen but I don't know what it was called. When I tried to turn my pc on after, It gave me a different error that I forgot what it was. Sorry that I don't know much.

ChaoticWolf

Honorable
See this tomshardware post for the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error:
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1653275/fix-irql-equal-error-windows.html

And as for the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
The "0X0000001A" error also known as the Memory_Management error occurs when the system memory malfunctions. Every system has at least two memory banks and the memory is installed on it. If the problem is in one of them then the total system memory decreases and the operating system gives you the blue screen error of Memory_Management.

Step 1 -- When does the error occur

Follow this step by step guide to learn how to fix the blue screen memory management error.
This error suddenly appears when your Windows is booting in normal condition and then restarts automatically.

Step 2 -- Open windows in safe mode

For the purpose of this tutorial, we will open our windows in safe mode. In order to do so, press the F8 key when the system is starting. As a result, the Advanced Boot Options will appear. Select the Safe mode option and hit the enter key.

Step 3 -- Open Control Panel

In order to resolve the problem, you will need to test your ram. In order to do so, go to the Start menu and open Control Panel.

Step 4 -- Open Administrative Tools

In the control panel window, open Administrative Tools.

Step 5 -- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

As a result, the Administrative Tools window will open up. From here, open the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.

Step 6 -- Restart now option

In the Windows Memory Diagnostic window, select the first option which is recommended. As a result, your system will restart right away and will check for problems.

Step 7 -- Diagnosis will begin

After the computer has restarted, you will see that the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool will be checking for memory problems. This diagnosis might take several minutes. Once the process has been completed, the system will restart and will open in normal condition.
If the error occurs again, simply replace your memory modules. And that's it. In this manner, you can easily resolve the blue screen error of memory management.

if no errors are found it has nothing to do with hardware and more to do with drivers

Ben_58

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

it has to do with drivers I guess no errors it said. I think im just gonna reinstall windows.

ChaoticWolf

Honorable

You don't need to reinstall windows, just try reinstalling drivers somehow.

Ben_58

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

I got a windows 10 iso and mounted it and did this repair thing which reinstalls windows without affecting your files or settings. I still got the memory management bsod after about an hour and a half of playing GTA V. Today i'm going to take out one stick of ram and see if the problem occurs. I'd rather be stuck with 4 GBs of ram and wait for a replacement then have to go through this problem everyday. I don't understand what you mean by drivers. Do you mean my GPU drivers, or other drivers I've installed myself?

ChaoticWolf

Honorable

It could be any driver. Your GPU driver, your mouse driver, printer driver, etc. I don't know. Just try uninstalling all your drivers and reinstalling. That could fix the problem without having to reinstall your os.
If that doesn't fix it, or you still don't know what I mean or you just don't wanna do it, just backup your stuff on an external hdd or another device and reinstall your os. If you fix the problem, be sure to pick as solution

Ben_58

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

Well I was playing GTA V again and something different happened. It crashed and said game corrupt. Right before the crash I had Fraps open and I was getting very low fps drops. Then I got blue screen that said: System Service Exception. It was caused by ntoskrnl.exe and dxgmms2.sys. It booted into safe mode and I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, I didn't get to see the results because when it tried to restart it said the windows bootloader was missing or corrupt. My pc is up and running now, and started up fine even though I didn't do anything to fix the bootloader.

ChaoticWolf

Honorable

So its all good now?

Ben_58

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

I don't know, probably not but I haven't played any games since I don't wanna deal with the problem. It only happens during games. I need to get this problem fixed because I wanna play cs go but it always blue screen in the middle of a comp match.