Question BSOD, Ram Issue?

og2k

Reputable
Jul 1, 2019
Hey everyone,

Recently, about a month ago, I started getting some pretty annoying BSOD issues, mainly when playing intensive games, such as Rust and Tarkov. The BSOD messages I see most commonly are "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" , and some other with the word Watchdog or something. When just browsing or playing less intensive games such as league, I do not blue screen NEARLY as much as games like Rust and Tarkov as mentioned above. I have 32gb DDR4 3200, and all 32gb show in my task manager so it is all still registering, but I noticed something when I started experiencing this issue. I usually crash when loading into servers on both the intensive games, and its 50% 50% whether I connect to the server or the game crashes. The BSOD usually occurs randomly when I am playing, not taking more than 2 hours before it occurs. My CPU temps are good, and I still get pretty good fps. I tried running memtest86, but whenever I try to boot from it, the pc stops for a second like its about to reboot, then just does nothing and I'm still in BIOS. Any help would be appreciated on what my next step should be. I ran memory diagnostic tool in windows, and it said no errors but I think it may be my ram. Also one more thing, if I bump my PC with my knee for example, the whole thing freezes.

"

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model if it's been in use for a while. Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? If so, check and see which BIOS version you're on at this moment of time.

og2k

Reputable
Jul 1, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU: i7 8700k
Motherboard: asus z390f
Ram: 32 gb corshair vengeance 3200
SSD/HDD: samsung 970 evo
GPU: nvidia gtx 1080
PSU: 650 w (unsure of brand)
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model if it's been in use for a while. Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? If so, check and see which BIOS version you're on at this moment of time. All parts in the PC are about 6-7 years old.