BSOD When Gaming 8700k

watain89

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
I just finished my system and I’ve been getting blue screens. It only does it with certain games like Battlefield 1 and Far Cry 3 so far. The cpu is overclocked to 4.8ghz. It’s usually iqrl less or not equal or knife exception not handled. My temps never go over 78c under full load.

My specs are:

i7 8700k

Deepcool 240ex

Asus Prime Z370-A

Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4 3000mhz

Evga GTX 1080 FTW

My bios overclocking settings:

4.8 on all cores at 1.275 vcore, a load line calibration of 5. AVX offset 0. MCE and turbo mode are off. XMP is enabled with my memory running at 3000mhz.

Solution
You need to isolate the problem.

1) turn off OC and XMP. See if it still crashes.
2) if it doesn't, re-enable XMP. See if it still crashes.
3) if it doesn't, disable XMP and re-enable OC. See if it still crashes.

This will help you determine if the problem is with the CPU OC, Memory OC, or the combination of them both (we already know you're crashing with both enabled). I suspect you might need to bump your vcore , but you should isolate the issue first. You'll also want to monitor your actual vcore at load and idle to see what voltages you're actually operating at.

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
You need to isolate the problem.

1) turn off OC and XMP. See if it still crashes.
2) if it doesn't, re-enable XMP. See if it still crashes.
3) if it doesn't, disable XMP and re-enable OC. See if it still crashes.

This will help you determine if the problem is with the CPU OC, Memory OC, or the combination of them both (we already know you're crashing with both enabled). I suspect you might need to bump your vcore , but you should isolate the issue first. You'll also want to monitor your actual vcore at load and idle to see what voltages you're actually operating at.

Solution

watain89

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

Thanks man I’ll give that a try.