[SOLVED] BSOD when installing games WINDOWS 10

Apr 26, 2020
I just built a brand new computer today, I will provide the specs below. Everything had been going smoothly until I actually started to download games. So far, I only seem to be able to download 10ish gb at a time until I get a BSOD. I have updated the drivers (via Driver Easy), everything appears to be up to date. I have noticed that right before the BSOD, my download speeds slowly decreases. I ran a memory diagnostic test and a system test via sfc/scannow and no outlying variables exist according to the tests. I have hit a wall and really don't know what to do. I cant seem to manually read my minidumps, but would be happy to provide them if that helps.

Specs:
AMD (gen 3) 3700x 7
RTX 2070 Super
MSi B450 Tomahawk
16gb (2x8gb RAM DDR4 3000MHZ (set at 2400))

Solution
Driver easy.,.. you don't need driver easy on an MSI motherboard. You can use MSI Dragon centre to update its drivers - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#down-driver&Win10 64

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Colif

Win 11 Master
Driver easy.,.. you don't need driver easy on an MSI motherboard. You can use MSI Dragon centre to update its drivers - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#down-driver&Win10 64

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Solution