BSOD When Playing Somewhat Intensive Games

SickSnappy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
After maybe 10 minutes of games such as CS:GO and L4D2, the computer will blue screen.

Oddly enough, I can play League of Legends and Hearthstone for hours on end without a problem. Ran sfc /scannow and returned with no errors.

Most recent BSoD. Occurred while playing Dirty Bomb.

Edit: Tried this to fix it and came back with a different error. Again, while playing Dirty Bomb.

Edit 2: Going to run Memtest tonight while I sleep.

System Specs:
Asus M5A97 LE R.20
AMD FX-4300
GTX 770
1x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333
Corsair HX 750W 80 Plus Gold

Thineswar

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015

sorry for the late reply.
did you even click on the link i posted above?
anyway, i read somewhere that maybe it's your ram. try booting with a different one or with only 1 stick.
secondly, try running "sfc /scannow" without the quotes in an elevated command prompt. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files.
thirdly, try booting into safe mode and see if the problem persists. if it does, then the problem is with a third party software. uninstall all those that you don't need and update the rest.

SickSnappy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

Wow. So it's been a month and this problem persists. I've been leaving town for periods of time and finally have the time to figure this shit out. Don't know if I'll get any help, this being a month old now, and I might have to make a new post?
Anyway, if you get this, I tried all of your suggestions.

The link didn't help because I've had a few different types of blue screens and that is geared towards one specifically, so the solutions either didn't apply or didn't work.

Secondly, I only have stick of RAM, so I would need to buy more ram. I would rather be absolutely sure that the RAM was at fault before spending the money.

Also, the scan concluded that no files needed to be repaired...

Finally, I am unable to try safe mode because I only run in to the BSoD while playing certain games. In safe mode I can't play those games.

Thineswar

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
1. did you overclock? maybe its because of high temperatures or an unstable overclock
try bringing it back to stock settings
2. did you try uninstalling all the unnecessary software in your pc? did you recently update anything? if no, try updating everything.
3. maybe it's because you have a virus or malware?
try scanning with your antivirus, malwarebytes and spybot in safe mode to be sure

SickSnappy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Used memtest overnight and got almost 3 passes before I stopped it.
I had CPU, GPU, and Memory all overclocked until I ran into this problem and brought them to stock in an attempt to fix this issue. I also factory restored my computer a week or two after the problem occurred.
I have ran many different scans and came back with no type of virus, malware, or adware.

Edit: Currently running another set of scans with Kaspersky and SuperAntiSpyware. Might even use Farbar if the problem is not resolved soon.

SickSnappy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
I think the temps are correct, I already have the latest bios. (2601, updated it a month ago in an attempt to fix this issue.) 60 some degrees F doesn't seem that out of the ordinary...

SickSnappy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
So I cleaned my computer out and moved the hard drives farther apart as well as screwed them in, in hopes that the hdds were simply overheating.However, after that didn't work, I called up a buddy and he let me use his ram. Lo and behold, it works just fine now. Strangely enough, whenever I try to use my ram stick after taking it out, the computer won't even post.

Edit: A day after I swapped ram and I tried the single 8 gig stick again and it works. Don't know what the issue with posting was... gonna see if I get a blue screen while gaming with it again.

TRENDING THREADS