Question BSOD when trying to install Windows 10

Jan 15, 2021
I recently built a new computer and haven't been able to install Windows 10. The BIOS loads up fine and I can navigate it with no problems. I also updated it to make sure there were no problems with compatibility. When I exit the bios and attempt to install Windows 10 the CPU fans throttle to 100% and I get a BSOD with different error messages every time. I know for a fact the GPU works, the ram most likely is fine because I used the same ram from my previous build, and I doubt its the PSU. The original build had a 5900x and then I bought a 5800x which both end with BSOD. This leaves me to thinks it's the motherboard, but I want to make sure that this isn't some other problem before I buy another one.

My specs are:
  • EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
  • Ryzen 3 5800x
  • MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon
  • EVGA 750W GQ
  • XPG Z1 16 GB DDR4 2800 MHz
  • NZXT Kraken X63

I recently built a new computer and haven't been able to install Windows 10. The BIOS loads up fine and I can navigate it with no problems. I also updated it to make sure there were no problems with compatibility. When I exit the bios and attempt to install Windows 10 the CPU fans throttle to 100% and I get a BSOD with different error messages every time. I know for a fact the GPU works, the ram most likely is fine because I used the same ram from my previous build, and I doubt its the PSU. The original build had a 5900x and then I bought a 5800x which both end with BSOD. This leaves me to thinks it's the motherboard, but I want to make sure that this isn't some other problem before I buy another one.

My specs are:
  • EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
  • Ryzen 3 5800x
  • MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon
  • EVGA 750W GQ
  • XPG Z1 16 GB DDR4 2800 MHz
  • NZXT Kraken X63
and you made sure everything in bios is set properly for a windows 10 install, not like a linux server or any of that because some mobos for some odd reason even regular desktop boards will come set for sever settings basically and not windows

Jan 15, 2021
and you made sure everything in bios is set properly for a windows 10 install, not like a linux server or any of that because some mobos for some odd reason even regular desktop boards will come set for sever settings basically and not windows
where would I find that information in the BIOS?

{edit} ive gone through the bios and dont think its set to a linux server

Last edited: