BSOD While Gaming

Solution
Disable AMD overdrive. 2 of the stop errors maybe CPU related. You're getting a 0x124 stop error.

Which can mean youre overclocking, the CPU is overheating, or it's faulty. A BIOS update MAY fix this

See if there are any BIOS updates for this (not beta BIOS's)

Altho if this is Win 10, since it's a preview expect things to crash

It looks like bitdefender can cause this 0x124 stop error too. Uninstall it then use their removal tool to remove the rest of it

Disable AMD overdrive. 2 of the stop errors maybe CPU related. You're getting a 0x124 stop error.

Which can mean youre overclocking, the CPU is overheating, or it's faulty. A BIOS update MAY fix this

See if there are any BIOS updates for this (not beta BIOS's)

Altho if this is Win 10, since it's a preview expect things to crash

It looks like bitdefender can cause this 0x124 stop error too. Uninstall it then use their removal tool to remove the rest of it

Solution

Brandonium10

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

Thank you for the reply. I do not have AMD Overdrive installed, haven't overclocked. I will try to update the bios but for bitdefender, that is my only anti virus so if you could recommend a good free antivirus that would be great.

Brandonium10

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

What do you mean by an AV program?

Got a flash drive??

If you've got one get the update extract it put it on the flash drive.

It may work if you extract it to a folder on the hdd as well. Since it's UEFI

Then go into the BIOS / Tools menu. Select Ez flash. Point it to the file you extracted. Wait for it to finish. Done

It's up to 2601 now

You may have to reconfigure the BIOS settings after

ASUS bioses are a LOT easier to update than most of the other mobo's

Brandonium10

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

I just tried to update it in the ASUS ez flash thing in the bios and it said the file is not EFI BIOS. Do you know what this means? Also when I restarted when I opened chrome it gave me a blue screen: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GaESAkYf89LVRFMk0tYXBTZDA/view?usp=sharing

Brandonium10

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

I tried the asus ez flash again and it still says the file is not an EFI BIOS. I made sure to extract it this time. Thank you so much for the help so far

Brandonium10

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

I can't remember what version of bitdefender I had, I remember getting a free one

Brandonium10

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

I will format it in that and get back to you. I completely uninstalled bitdefender now with the tool so that should be fine.