[SOLVED] BSOD while playing, video card is corrupted since?

Jan 28, 2019
Today my bro was playing on his PC, when suddenly a blue screen of death occurred, and kept restaring while trying to diagnose and auto-repair itself without any success. First thing came in my mind is to reinstall Windows, so I did, without any success.

I've investigated what could be wrong, by booting up Windows 10 in safe mode. Previous event logs told me a video card driver update occurred 3 days before (19.1.2), bro installed a new game today which also installed a new VC++ redistributable pack (not sure if relevant).

Uninstalled the driver, and the device too, restarted, seemed to work, downloaded an older driver (18.10.1 WHQL), halfway through installing came the usual black screen indicating a driver change, but resulted in a restart (now without BSOD), and after this, the same loop occurs again. Could be the driver was not fully uninstalled, so I used a driver booster utility to fix it, which confirmed that the driver seems to be faulty. Though it should be fixed now, the problem still occurs, it keeps on restarting.

It's an old Sapphire Radeon HD7850 video card, but it didn't have any problem up until today. Could be that it's faulty now? But how is it working in safe mode then? Please, I need some advice before buying a new card.

Solution
When you said you did not have success with re-installing Windows, do you mean the setup failed or that it did not fix the issue? Test the card in another system, that is not a very new card, and yes cards that failed work up till they fail, not all of them show warning like flickering and color issues, etc...
When you said you did not have success with re-installing Windows, do you mean the setup failed or that it did not fix the issue? Test the card in another system, that is not a very new card, and yes cards that failed work up till they fail, not all of them show warning like flickering and color issues, etc...

Solution
Jan 28, 2019

Sorry for the unclear expression. Windows reinstallation was successful, but after I tried to install the driver on the fresh Windows, the looping started again. I'll definitely try it in another system, I just asked if meanwhile any good idea comes up.