Question BSOD Windows 10 new install The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveyjoneszz1

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139

minidump is this

==================================================
Dump File : 111321-10015-01.dmp
Crash Time : 11/13/2021 3:06:44 AM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000139
Parameter 1 : 0000000000000003 Parameter 2 : ffffb889d0a52460
Parameter 3 : ffffb889d0a523b8 Parameter 4 : 0000000000000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f71b0
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 10.0.19041.1288 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f71b0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111321-10015-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 19041
Dump File Size : 929,644
Dump File Time : 11/13/2021 3:07:31 AM

minidumps link : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18gBOLZscy8bGe7mfHBUKogPck2Alb7DU?usp=sharing

have crashed about 5-6 times since yesterday.

not sure if it's relevant but running a old ps2 keyboard that once in a while doesn't work unless i unplug it and reboot then it works okay.

Last edited:

daveyjoneszz1

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
My rig is pretty old. I have the latest chipset drivers but an old outdated bios probably

mobo: asus A88XM-E FM2+
cpu : AMD A10-7870K
ram : G.SKILL Ares 16gb 240 pin ddr3 sdram 2400 pc3 19200
video card: geforce gtx 1060 3gb
hd : SAMSUNG 870 EVO 250 GB

I never flashed the bios and always been weary of doing so incase i ever messed it up.

just got a dpc_watchdog_violation blue screen. it didn't create a minidump.

Last edited:

daveyjoneszz1

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
Dump File : 111521-23250-01.dmp
Crash Time : 11/15/2021 1:06:26 PM
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x00000050
Parameter 1 : fffffd8e565e9618 Parameter 2 : 0000000000000011
Parameter 3 : fffffd8e565e9618 Parameter 4 : 0000000000000002
Caused By Driver : usbfilter.sys
Caused By Address : usbfilter.sys+23c6
File Description : AMD USB Filter Driver
Product Name : AMD USB Filter Driver
Company : Advanced Micro Devices
File Version : 2.1.10.295 built by: WinDDK
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f72a0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111521-23250-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 19041
Dump File Size : 1,122,492
Dump File Time : 11/15/2021 1:07:25 PM

from my latest crash.

gardenman

Splendid
I wasn't notified that this thread had been updated, or I missed the notification. Both of these happen sometimes.

I ran the 5 newest dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/t7jm2cfL/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:111521-23250-01.dmp (Nov 15 2021 - 16:06:26)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: apcsystray.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 23 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:111421-31187-01.dmp (Nov 14 2021 - 09:04:04)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Discord.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

File information:111421-21937-01.dmp (Nov 14 2021 - 06:48:02)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Discord.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 45 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

File information:111321-17437-01.dmp (Nov 13 2021 - 20:02:23)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:111321-12765-01.dmp (Nov 13 2021 - 16:58:16)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "AODDriver2.sys" was found on your system. (AMD Overdrive)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/SupportOnly/A88XM-E/HelpDesk_BIOS/
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using BIOS version 501 and the latest is version 2001. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
based on the victims alone I can guess its LAN drivers.

May 05 2015rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/

there should be newer versions here under the windows header
download Win10/Win11 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) from https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

now curious thing is the dump you analyzed seems to point at
May 07 2015usbfilter.sysAMD USB Filter driver
anad I wonder where we get a newer version of it.

it crashed APC System tray which ties into APC Powerchute, does it have a USB attachment?

update lan drivers and see if you still crash.

daveyjoneszz1

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
based on the victims alone I can guess its LAN drivers.

May 05 2015rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/

there should be newer versions here under the windows header
download Win10/Win11 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) from https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

now curious thing is the dump you analyzed seems to point at
May 07 2015usbfilter.sysAMD USB Filter driver
anad I wonder where we get a newer version of it.

it crashed APC System tray which ties into APC Powerchute, does it have a USB attachment?

update lan drivers and see if you still crash.

Yeah my APC UPS has a USB to tell the computer to reboot when the power goes out.

I haven't crashed since the latest mini dump (altho i haven't done anything to prevent it) I will try that lan adapter next time i crash

daveyjoneszz1

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
Last edited:

daveyjoneszz1

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
maybe check if there are newer drivers for the USB - https://www.apc.com/au/en/faqs/FA164514/

I've tried a different driver for this doing what the website u linked says. I have downloaded an older version of lan card drivers. i haven't installed them as of yet. we'll see what happens altho i'm leaving on a trip for 2 months so i probably wont know if it works until i get home. thanks for trying to help. might be a to be continued though (when i get back in feb)

first guess would be discord video capture is causing the problem.

just because of errors on microsoft Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/directshow/tee-sink-to-sink-converter

-turning on verifier.exe might help catch the driver.
-change the memory dump to kernel so the dmp contains the proper debug info could help.

otherwise, remove the discord software or look of updated versions.
(you also have a overclock driver installed, but did not look overclocked)

sometime the debug info on a minidump is bogus. a kernel dump contains more info on hardware and the plug and play subsystem.

daveyjoneszz1

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
first guess would be discord video capture is causing the problem.

just because of errors on microsoft Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/directshow/tee-sink-to-sink-converter

-turning on verifier.exe might help catch the driver.
-change the memory dump to kernel so the dmp contains the proper debug info could help.

otherwise, remove the discord software or look of updated versions.
(you also have a overclock driver installed, but did not look overclocked)

sometime the debug info on a minidump is bogus. a kernel dump contains more info on hardware and the plug and play subsystem.

I have a memory.dmp in windows folder (new dump from today not sure its a kernel dump but you can try it?) also discord is just a chat program and it updates like everyday by itself but i mean i can try uninstalling it for a while and see since i can access it from a browser instead of it's own program

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18gBOLZscy8bGe7mfHBUKogPck2Alb7DU?usp=sharing
for the dump file its 900 meg or so

I have a memory.dmp in windows folder (new dump from today not sure its a kernel dump but you can try it?) also discord is just a chat program and it updates like everyday by itself but i mean i can try uninstalling it for a while and see since i can access it from a browser instead of it's own program

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18gBOLZscy8bGe7mfHBUKogPck2Alb7DU?usp=sharing
for the dump file its 900 meg or so
I looked at the memory dump but did not find the cause.
I would recommend running
https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
to get a network driver update. your version is from 2015.
there were security alerts in 2020. (you would run the autoinstall program to see if you get the update).
sorry, I have no proof that it is the cause but you have several apps that depend on this driver.
(telegram.exe, some remote control software, and discord.exe)

daveyjoneszz1

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
I looked at the memory dump but did not find the cause.
I would recommend running
https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
to get a network driver update. your version is from 2015.
there were security alerts in 2020. (you would run the autoinstall program to see if you get the update).
sorry, I have no proof that it is the cause but you have several apps that depend on this driver.
(telegram.exe, some remote control software, and discord.exe)

I've uninstalled the lan drivers from device manager and then i installed the 'autoinstall program' and it's still drivers from 2015. It does appear to be a different driver though as it's got a lot less options to change in advanced properties of the driver like where you change duplex and all that jazz.

Edit: Maybe i should try installing it in compatibility mode (win7) if i crash again?

Last edited:
I've uninstalled the lan drivers from device manager and then i installed the 'autoinstall program' and it's still drivers from 2015. It does appear to be a different driver though as it's got a lot less options to change in advanced properties of the driver like where you change duplex and all that jazz.
for some network devices when you install a new device the setup does not make the new driver the default driver. They make you manually select the driver. pretty stupid.
after you install the new driver, you have to go into windows control panel, device manager, find the network device, then update the driver but select from a list of drivers on my machine to try to find the more current driver. Some installers do not put version numbers and you end up with a list that all of the drivers look like the same ones but they are actually different versions.
take a look and see if you can make the new one the active driver.

i just looked on my laptop, it I select let me pick my driver from the drivers on my machine. I see a list of 12 intel drivers and 2 microsoft drivers. No build numbers.
all the descriptions look the same but they are actually different versions.if I cared i would remove the old driver from the driver store so the list would be a lot smaller.
google "how to remove drivers from the driver store"
and you can find out how to remove them with the pnputil.exe
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/pnputil

note: if you select the microsoft generic version of the driver, I think microsoft windows update will do the updates on that driver. If you use the OEM version then you are expected to run the OEM update software your self.

also note: when you uninstall a driver, the plug and play system detects the uninstall within about a second or two and it automatically reinstalls the driver from the local driver store and you are back where you started.

you would have to start cmd.exe as an admin and run the command
net.exe stop "plug and play"
before you uninstall the driver
then do your setup program and then run the command
net.exe start "plug and play"

just another little got ya

Last edited:

daveyjoneszz1

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
for some network devices when you install a new device the setup does not make the new driver the default driver. They make you manually select the driver. pretty stupid.
after you install the new driver, you have to go into windows control panel, device manager, find the network device, then update the driver but select from a list of drivers on my machine to try to find the more current driver. Some installers do not put version numbers and you end up with a list that all of the drivers look like the same ones but they are actually different versions.
take a look and see if you can make the new one the active driver.

i just looked on my laptop, it I select let me pick my driver from the drivers on my machine. I see a list of 12 intel drivers and 2 microsoft drivers. No build numbers.
all the descriptions look the same but they are actually different versions.if I cared i would remove the old driver from the driver store so the list would be a lot smaller.
google "how to remove drivers from the driver store"
and you can find out how to remove them with the pnputil.exe
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/pnputil

note: if you select the microsoft generic version of the driver, I think microsoft windows update will do the updates on that driver. If you use the OEM version then you are expected to run the OEM update software your self.

also note: when you uninstall a driver, the plug and play system detects the uninstall within about a second or two and it automatically reinstalls the driver from the local driver store and you are back where you started.

you would have to start cmd.exe as an admin and run the command
net.exe stop "plug and play"
before you uninstall the driver
then do your setup program and then run the command
net.exe start "plug and play"

just another little got ya

the "let me pick my driver from the drivers on my machine. " only shows one driver. And when i uninstalled the lan driver my internet wouldn't work until i installed the new driver. So i'm not so sure it's automatically installing a new driver or not.

edit: there's no generic MS driver in the list just the normal driver that i assume i'm already using.

the "let me pick my driver from the drivers on my machine. " only shows one driver. And when i uninstalled the lan driver my internet wouldn't work until i installed the new driver. So i'm not so sure it's automatically installing a new driver or not.

edit: there's no generic MS driver in the list just the normal driver that i assume i'm already using.
just check the date of the file and see if it is updated

windows 7 had all of the power management functions turned off by default. You might go into windows control panel for the power management and turn it to high performance mode. Just for the case where drivers were broken after they went through a sleep cycle.

otherwise, I would go back to win 7 or start looking at verifier.exe to see if it can catch a driver doing something wrong.
after windows 8.1 or new drivers these power functions are on by default. This can expose bios bugs and bugs in old drivers. Old machines just might no longer get bios updates and you might be forced to use old drivers that had the functions disabled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS