Question BSOD with new PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zakuta

Reputable
Feb 11, 2021
Problem:
Since I've had this computer (october 2019), it hasn't stopped giving BSOD (MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) at any time: playing games, using the web browser, or even with nothing open. In Linux the same thing happens playing, only that it freezes and restarts

PC Specs:
Intel Core I5-9400F
MSI Z370-A Pro
Geforce GTX1660Ti ASUS Dual
RAM Kingstone 2x8GB 2666MHz
SSD 240GB WD Green
HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda
PSU 550w 80+ Sentey

I tried to:
  1. Updating BIOS
  2. Using another disk
  3. Using Linux and Windows
  4. Doing a clean installation
  5. Updating drivers
  6. Adding fans on the back case

BSOD Logs:

I have the BSODs since October 2019, as soon as I assembled the PC, I already contacted the seller to request the warranty
After warranting the cpu when you seat it into the system... Dont do the normal pea size dot... Use a little extra the cpu you are using is a power hungery beast that heats up quick. If you are using the normal pea dot size it will cover "most of the cpu 94% of the time but there are generally still some bare spots... I have learned in the past using the cpus they last longer and operate best when the whole heatink on the cpu has thermal paste coating it not just 97% of the surface. I used to do a circle big enough to put three dots in a triangle in the center of it. Cpu's never over heated and still worked to the day i retired them and sold/gave them to people.

Zakuta

Reputable
Feb 11, 2021
After warranting the cpu when you seat it into the system... Dont do the normal pea size dot... Use a little extra the cpu you are using is a power hungery beast that heats up quick. If you are using the normal pea dot size it will cover "most of the cpu 94% of the time but there are generally still some bare spots... I have learned in the past using the cpus they last longer and operate best when the whole heatink on the cpu has thermal paste coating it not just 97% of the surface. I used to do a circle big enough to put three dots in a triangle in the center of it. Cpu's never over heated and still worked to the day i retired them and sold/gave them to people.
Yesterday I had the pc on for 14 hours and it did not give any BSOD, but I still have the doubt, is it normal that when I open a program, the temperature rises a lot for a few seconds? When I open the browser, the processor goes to 65°C+ for a few seconds, and when opening games like Apex Legends also 75°C+

Zakuta

Reputable
Feb 11, 2021
Speaking with a technician in my city, he told me to check well, since there is no earth discharge in my room and it could be due to electrostatics. I want to know well if it could be because of this, although having such high temperatures only when opening something worries me and I think I should change the processor