jjklumiar

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Okay so I wasn't positive where to post this so if I'm in the wrong forums I'm sorry, but here's my issue:
I installed my new fx8350 replacing my amd athlon II 635 last friday into my system, specs are as follows:
Asus M5A97 Mobo
2 500gb HDD
4 GB Ram
EVGA Nvidia gtx 560 Ti
Corsair 800watt psu
**FX 8350**
The mobo had an AMD 970 chipset and it required me to flash the BIOS to 1605 version
After I had flashed the BIOS it required me to do a fresh install of win 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Actually it wanted me to do some repair crap but the damn disc just decided that it wanted to do a clean install.
So I'm sitting here with my new BA CPU with a newly flashed BIOS and a clean install of win 7, what could possibly go wrong?
Well even though I've never blue screened a computer in my entire life, my computer decided to introduce me to the dreadful feeling. The blue screen leaves to fast for me to get the crash code but I remember it saying "Dumping Physical Memory" It's happened 3-5 times since I've installed the new CPU and every time it's happened it seems to occur after it's been on sleep for a couple hours and then I wake it up, play wow for about an hour and then it blue screens. Haven't tried it yet when it's been off and I turn it on but every time it does blue screen, it seems that afterwords I'm able to play uninterrupted until I go to sleep the next day ;)
Either way like I said I've never had a blue screen before and I suppose now is my time to start getting educated.

First off, potty mouth :eek:

Secondly, does it only happen when you do something graphically intensive on the computer (such as WoW)? A sure fire way to test this is to turn the system on, let it sit idle and see if it blue screens.

You can also stop the computer from automatically restarting after the BSOD by following the steps found HERE .

Also, post your Minidump files so we can see if it's related to something unique. If you don't know where they are, you can find the location HERE and then post them using a site like Skydrive that will allow you to share them.