Jun 22, 2020
my pc was running fine until i put on thermal paste (i think this is just a coincidence) then the next time i booted after a few minutes i got a bsod, same thing happened after i restarted my pc but they werent the same ones. i searched them up and they all say faulty driver or somthing but i updated all my drivers (using driver easy) and my graphics card driver from nvidia so im not sure what the issue is other then aswbidsdriver.sys which is from avast? ill uninstall avast but if it doesnt work if anyone can help that would be epic
kmode_exception_not_handled
system_service_exception
system_service_exception aswbidsdriver.sys
irql_not_less_or_equal

Solution
Odds are you didn't set your heatsink correctly after the new thermo paste and now it's over heating. I would remove the heatsink, redo the thermo paste again, and reinstall the heatsink, making sure it is level and tight against the CPU.

BTW, driver updaters, like driver easy are renown for installing the wrong drivers and messing things up.
Odds are you didn't set your heatsink correctly after the new thermo paste and now it's over heating. I would remove the heatsink, redo the thermo paste again, and reinstall the heatsink, making sure it is level and tight against the CPU.

BTW, driver updaters, like driver easy are renown for installing the wrong drivers and messing things up.

Solution
Jun 22, 2020

i do feel like my heatsink inst on right as i was able to move it slightly but if it wasnt on right wouldt the temptures go rly high? it stopped (after i went to sleep and woke up) then happened again(a few hours after). this time it was system_thread_exception_not_handled
so what do i do?
the only think ive gotten that tells me anything aswbidsdriver.sys which is avast?
ill try the repair the avast thing
ill redo my heatsink
my main issue now is my psu is really loud and not working well

Last edited:
i do feel like my heatsink inst on right as i was able to move it slightly but if it wasnt on right wouldt the temptures go rly high? it stopped (after i went to sleep and woke up) then happened again(a few hours after). this time it was system_thread_exception_not_handled
so what do i do?
the only think ive gotten that tells me anything aswbidsdriver.sys which is avast?
ill try the repair the avast thing
ill redo my heatsink
my main issue now is my psu is really loud and not working well
You may have more than one issue, but your heatsink should not move at all. As far as aswbidsdriver.sys, it is more likely a driver is conflicting with Avast. You may want to try a clean boot and see if the issue is resolved. Then you can add startup apps until you find the one causing the conflict. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

Jun 22, 2020
You may have more than one issue, but your heatsink should not move at all. As far as aswbidsdriver.sys, it is more likely a driver is conflicting with Avast. You may want to try a clean boot and see if the issue is resolved. Then you can add startup apps until you find the one causing the conflict. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10
i uninstalled avast and it seemed to have worked (i didt rly like avast that much) and fixed the heatsink. i think i fixed the issue but i got some memory management bsods. i think i fixed it but im not sure

Jun 22, 2020
One cause of MM Blue screen s is memory that did not come as a matched set. Even if the memory is the same make/model and size, if it is not matched, it can cause periodic MM BSODs. One way to check is to run your PC on just one stick of RAM and see if it helps.
my pc hasnt crashed a single time running on a single stick of ram but im not sure if the issues fixed yet. if it is tho is it possible to "match" them whatever that means?

Jun 22, 2020
What matched means is you buy the memory as a set or kit. You can not match your current memory sticks, you need to buy all new memory that is matched together in the same package.
im pretty sure it was bought like that? my brother used to use this pc to stream and edit videos etc for like a year so of thats the case how did it work before?. also its been 2 days and my pc hasnt gotten a bsod running on 1 stick. but im not sure what the issue is cuz if im able to used 16gb instead of 8 that would be nice

Jun 22, 2020
You could try switching the RAM sticks. I you get any BSOD then you know it's a bad RAM stick OTOH, if it continues to work, and you need more memory, I would invest in a matched set.
im currently getting a new psu so probs cant for awhile but i put in the other ram stick and first thing that happens is a red cpu light then a red dram light then the pc restarts each time and just doesnt work then i took out the second ram stick and everything was fine. idk if that was a coincidence or somthing.

Jun 22, 2020
LOL, no it's not a coincidence, this is very common. Have you tried both RAM sticks individually? IOW, it sounds like you added the second RAM stick and it casused problems. Have you tried running the second RAM stick by itself?
no i havent. yeah after i added it my pc restarted like 4 times with the cpu debug led then the dram led then kept restarting with both leds on solid red