Question BSOD

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
I've just had 3 BSOD in matter of 10 mins. System thread exception not handled and also kmode thread not handled.

I've ran diagnostics for my pc through command prompt and all comes back fine. I've only recently changed my mobo over so don't a full wipe and fresh install of Windows so I can't figure out what it is.

Any help please.

Thanks

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
I think it might be down to OC CPU and GPU as CPU is overclocked by one button press in BIOS... Stres test has passed previously with them but only thing I can think of which could cause the restarts etc. I ran Warzone maxed out 1440p OC and tried without OC and without OC I got more FPS in demanding cutscene.

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
So ive had BSOD problems.

Honestly don't know what it is.

So I've ran every test you can think of and for a couple weeks I've not had one.

Yesterday I suddenly got system thread exception not handled then I got Paged fault in nonpaged area... So I ran some tests and everything came back fine and then I got another BSOD but with nvlddmkm.sys so I uninstalled GPU drivers and reinstalled them using DDU in safe mode.

Today I booted my PC up, loaded twitch and then bang, memory management I think it said. I ran the windows memory diagnostic and by 22% overall it said hardware problems. I then took slots 2/4 out and ran the test with 2 sticks in 1/3, 100% overall with 0 errors, put other 2 sticks in 1/3 and again, 100% overall and no errors, so I'm now on slots 2/4 at 90© overall with 0 errors.

Really don't understand. Since changing my mobo to ATX, I done full clean windows installation, ran stress tests, cinebench, GPU stress test and all was fine... Everything was fine until yesterday after struggling about 2 weeks ago.

I am at the point now that I feel like selling all my stuff and just changing to console.

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
So after doing the tests I put all rams back in and ran test, it froze even though the rams passed in slots 1/3 then tried 2 in 2/4 and passed. I restarted as it froze and carried on and got memory management BSOD and I've ran memtest86 and got this .... Can anyone please help. I've been having BSOD problems for weeks!!

Since yesterday I've been getting BSOD when been fine for weeks and all I've done is install new water cooler. Memtest86 has froze now as well. I give up.

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
I posted in memory as I'm so stumped on this issue. Getting a lot of BSOD lately, not had for a few weeks as thought I sorted it.

I changed watercooler from corsair H45 to Corsair H100x, connected everything and was playing warzone and temps were 55c to 63c under load.. after a whole I got BSOD then again and again all with different errors.

Ive had quite a few memory management. I ran test with my 4 ram sticks, got hardware problem. Ran 2 sticks in slots 1/3, passed, other two in 1/3 and passed then ran 2/4 slot and passed. Put 4 back in and it crashed. So I done memtest86 and got 304 errors in 2 mins and it crashed. I started pc again and done cinebench and it ran for 10 mins and was fine so removed time limit and it got about 1/3 way on image and crashed but no BSOD, just system froze completely.

I'm so stumped

If you've done any sorts of automatic overclocking presets, adjusted RAM clocks upwards, I'd start by factory defaulting your BIOS, which should theoretically remove those potentially problematic settings.

You can then experiment with incremental increases in RAM speed, perhaps testing a couple hours with a bootable Memtest86-configured USB drive...

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
If you've done any sorts of automatic overclocking presets, adjusted RAM clocks upwards, I'd start by factory defaulting your BIOS, which should theoretically remove those potentially problematic settings.

You can then experiment with incremental increases in RAM speed, perhaps testing a couple hours with a bootable Memtest86-configured USB drive...

I haven't Oc'd, only OC is in customized settings on msi dragon center. However I have been playing warzone now for about 15 mins and no crashes as took 2 ram out of slots 2/4 so now I'm thinking maybe faulty ram slots?

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016

So I've ran 2 ram sticks in slots 1/3 then 2/4 and no crashes on my game.. got other two sticks and put in 2/4 and it's just BSOD but with messaged kernel security check failure which is a new one I've not had. I feel this could be faulty ram

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
BSOD is often caused by ram instability. What exactly is the ram you have?

Sorry didn't get notification. I have Corsair LPX 3000 4x8gb. I've just ordered 2x16gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200mhz 2x16gb as on offer from £150 to £115.

I hope, hope it's the two new sticks I ordered start of this month. I had 2 LPX from years ago so got another 2, same model and everything and it's been fine for a couple weeks, had odd BSOD but just yesterday I just got BSOD about 10 times and pc freezing, I couldn't do anything last night on my PC. I tested the 2 sticks as well on their own and nothing came up but when testing as a 4 it came up with problem's. I ran the old 2 sticks anyway in 1/3 and 2/4 and played warzone without problems but then put the new 2 sticks in and I got BSOD pretty much straight away but with a different code.

Either way I think it's that but I was getting BSOD before I got these sticks but not often anyway but never could determine the problem.

Yes,
Sorry didn't get notification. I have Corsair LPX 3000 4x8gb. I've just ordered 2x16gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200mhz 2x16gb as on offer from £150 to £115.

I hope, hope it's the two new sticks I ordered start of this month. I had 2 LPX from years ago so got another 2, same model and everything and it's been fine for a couple weeks, had odd BSOD but just yesterday I just got BSOD about 10 times and pc freezing, I couldn't do anything last night on my PC. I tested the 2 sticks as well on their own and nothing came up but when testing as a 4 it came up with problem's. I ran the old 2 sticks anyway in 1/3 and 2/4 and played warzone without problems but then put the new 2 sticks in and I got BSOD pretty much straight away but with a different code.

Either way I think it's that but I was getting BSOD before I got these sticks but not often anyway but never could determine the problem.
I think that is best to replace the ram.