Question BSOD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 19, 2020
Hi my pc keeps blue screening randomly with the error irql not less or equal tried SFC scan now found validation errors and said were fixed it blue screens randomly and sometimes does it in a loop of about 8 times tried re installing windows still same issue first error after windows re instalatlion was kernel security check failure then the same blue screen irql not less or equal the computer doesnt crash under load tarkov was running for 9-10 hours no crash benchmark0ing utilities show normal results tried reseating gpu reseating ram tried different motherboard slots different pcie slot tried running memory test drive check all no problems tried cmos reset all parts are new enough about 6 months old temperatures seem normal cpu under 100 percent load like 70 degress and gpu under full becnhmark load 69 degrees system specs. Event viewer report after todays crash The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 4 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.
Motherboard: MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit Ver.2009 (OS build 19042.630)
BIOS Version: 1.30
BIOS Release Date: 10/10/2020
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
Memory: 16 GB @
  • 8 GB DDR4-2133, 04CD F4-3600C18-8GTZRX
  • 8 GB DDR4-2133, 04CD F4-3600C18-8GTZRX
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, 8192 MB
VBIOS Version: 90.04.76.80.0B
Drive: SSD, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB, 931.51 GB
Drive: SSD, CT500MX500SSD1, 465.76 GB
Network: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850w gold

[mod edit - removed link to deleted post]

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
2 antivirus? I see AVG and Malwarebytes, one is AV, the other is sort of.
Maybe remove AVG and use defender until we figure this out.

OC software -
Sep 16 2019iocbios2.sys!!! Overclocking Software - Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning driver

maybe i overlook these too easily. I often figure they not the cause if problem doesn't seem to be CPU. Assuming?

tries to resist blaming razer

guess it could be a side effect of something Spybot Anti-Beacon is doing.
i don't see that listed in drivers? is it part of malwarebytes now?

2 antivirus? I see AVG and Malwarebytes, one is AV, the other is sort of.
Maybe remove AVG and use defender until we figure this out.

OC software -
Sep 16 2019iocbios2.sys!!! Overclocking Software - Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning driver

maybe i overlook these too easily. I often figure they not the cause if problem doesn't seem to be CPU. Assuming?

tries to resist blaming razer

i don't see that listed in drivers? is it part of malwarebytes now?
it was in the network host file he provided. blocked all access to microsoft servers.