Question BSODing for years but now cant play games for more than 15 mins without crashing

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Hello I seem to have a long lasting problem where my pc always blue screened for a reason or a another but I have noticed the problem became unbearable and much more intense.

After I moved from my old crooked case to a new one, I noticed some weird hardware things; the gpu sags a lot and I kind of was rough with the mobo after my gpu jammed to the pcie, and have the CPU cooler heatpipes close to my ram. that's all hardware.

on the software side there's some minidump files I have used driver verifier for, the newest two files I did after uninstalling the bus driver for DS3 and reseated my gpu and ram after the 1st minidump named 100220. the newest two files should be kernel dump's that start with 10042 here: https://mega.nz/folder/N6wX3SrS#AMmYSJsDgxGO7qhFzVBz2Q

the most popular crash I get is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION", "memory management" and "ntoskrnl.exe" I appreciate you guy's help, I need it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What are specs of the PC?
If you had a bsod for several years now, have you tried a clean install of windows to see if it fixes it? could just be old drivers.

I will ask other people to convert the dumps for me
ntoskrnl is an integral part of windows, it is involved in almost every action so its why its also seen in BSOD. It is always the victim.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) in the link below.
If you are prompted to "Run only if trusted" simply click play/run and the html will be viewed. This warning is always present.

Report: https://jsfiddle.net/w8n9at17/show/

Summary of findings:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Probably caused by : AsIO2.sys ( AsIO2+22c0 )
--------------------
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsCreateScb+114 )
--------------------
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSelectReadyThread+1a2 )
--------------------
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Probably caused by : AsIO2.sys ( AsIO2+22c0 )

AsIO2 is an ASUS driver, however i do not know what ASUS package it forms part of. I would suspect something akin to Asus AURA/RGB or a Updater app. @Colif you might know what package this is part of?

EDIT: For the record, when you encounter a BSOD, it's your system telling you something going wrong, if you encounter just 1 you should usually do something about it! Don't let it go on for years!

Last edited:

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Yes my apologies! I forgot the specs. if there's anything more you want to know please let me know. I will be testing RN.

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 19041
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z170 PRO GAMING
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU Base @ 3.50GHz OCed to @4.6GHz Intel8664, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 17117528064 bytes (15.9GB)
GPU:Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Asus Strix
Ram:corsair vengeance 4X4GB at base 2133 With XMP on
Windows on a "BP5e" m.2 SSD (bulletproof something m.2) 120GB
2 HDD's "WDC", "ST500dm002-1BD bluedrive" and 1 SSD "sandisk ssd western digital 3d nand"

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its in AI Suite 3 as far as I know. The original ASio.sys was in AI Suite, I assume the 2nd is as well.

if you have AI Suite installed and don't use it, remove it. AI suite contains all sorts of functions like fans, overclocking etc

he has both asio.sys and ASio2.sys running.

I guess it could be in GPU Tweak 2 also

Both drivers are used to change values on hardware, be that speed of fans or speed of chips,

given its an asus PC with an Asus GPU, it could be either. I know Win 10 will install ASio.sys on any Asus PC even if you don't, I had it on my last PC.

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
I am sorry I didnt reply to everything, I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 once, memtest is taking long to download and also I dont know how to create a bootable usb thru that for now I will try to find some usb for this, I had ai suite in my downloads folder but never installed it. BUT this I have under: system32/drivers/AsIO2.sys

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Also worth noting I have AsIO (I have a few ASUS items) however mine is updated to late 2019. The one on here appears to be backdated to 2012. So an update would be beneficial.

Also @noobis are you running 4 different packs of RAM? I can see they are all the same model, but did you buy them from separate packs? Initial search shows it is a 1x4Gb stick standalone.

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
which services am I supposed to stop? also I have a screen shot of all my services that are kinda suspicious but cant upload because the it thinks its spamm.
How do I update AsIO?

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Gyazo screen shot. I assume you guys only accept imgur and stuff? here you go View: https://imgur.com/a/1Ycy66Q

I use gpu tweak 2 to Slightly overclock my gpu by 40 hz so I think I am gonna uninstall it. although I like asus AURA so I can fiddle with RGB(I know its cosmetic without it I get a red heating LED)

autoruns says: I have AsIO, AsUpIO, Asusgio2, asComsvc, asHmComSvc, AsSysCtrlService: Asus System Control Service(which it dislikes), AsusFanControlService
a Task scheduled by Asus product registration :aprp.exe
They are all Asus services Something is up.
Which services do I disable. edit:didnt read the 2nd reply

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Could try using afterburner but its been known to create problems as well . I have been using afterburner to run the fans on my Asus 2070 Super, i did actually download gpu tweak 2 but went with Afterburner instead.

You were meant to stop ASIo2.sys but if you run GPU Tweak there is no point. It only stops it running at start up but if GPU tweak runs with startup it will just laod it anyway. Taking it off and seeing if bsod stop as well is best idea.

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Also @noobis are you running 4 different packs of RAM? I can see they are all the same model, but did you buy them from separate packs? Initial search shows it is a 1x4Gb stick standalone.
My apologies but I bought them used, he didn't specify if they're a pack. it's a high probability its a 1x4gb, am I forced to buy new sticks? Edit: they all look the same tho.
@Colif Yikes. I will try to stop asio2 although, also gpu tweak. I dont care about 40 mhz. is it a service? the imgur album is 4 pics btw I [language] up trying to edit it.

Last edited by a moderator:

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
they all are corsair and the same stick, I really hope this isnt the problem, I will test run some dota 2 after restarting and disabling some stuff I will be back later as I am gonna sleep too.
thank you for helping me identify these clearer targets. Hopefully I can narrow this down cause it plagued me for 5 years.
goodnight :D

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
they all are corsair and the same stick
Unfortunately this doesn't matter (I cover it in this guide for item number 4 - saves me repeating everything). They're sold in packs for a reason unfortunately, it's just a gamble and could be a potential cause, but it's very difficult to test without just swapping them.

Stick to the path we're currently on for the time being :)

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
I am back tho I have to find a usb stick soon yet for memtest. but I have some news, I can play dota but there's this old freezing that I have always had (pc freezing and doesnt respond to anything while stuck in a game) that happens to me which I didnt include and forgot. then after a while I got an unrelated blue screen dump am sharing. https://mega.nz/file/sqoB2YTL#2oOXQaoko7RXQGYOw7PhSfBh01CB_QLXcSuHbvIwaSY I am just about going to say screw it and look into fast ram if this confirms it. I am eyeing "Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz C16" but it aint looking cheap

Whocrashed states this:-
On Mon 10/5/2020 1:09:57 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100520-36781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (0xFFFFFE119D703F4F)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFE119D703F4F, 0x1, 0x3102E4)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kfull.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) in the link below.
If you are prompted to "Run only if trusted" simply click play/run and the html will be viewed. This warning is always present.

Report: https://jsfiddle.net/rxts65uy/show/

Summary of findings:
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Probably caused by : win32kfull.sys ( win32kfull!HMValidateHandleNoSecure+33 )

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have ram very similar to those sticks, Vengence Pro rgb 3200 C16 same latency I bet. I feel they work with most motherboards now.

Also, Intel CPU less picky of ram compared to AMD. I expect its been tested on your board.

i could guess the cause of that last one might be LAN drivers. Just absed on fact Chrome crashed (its a guess)
e1i65x64.sysIntelIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver11/06/2018In 1 of 1 dumps
but finding new oens might be fun. The Asus website is no help as yours are newer than what they have now.

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
i have ram very similar to those sticks, Vengence Pro rgb 3200 C16 same latency I bet. I feel they work with most motherboards now.

Also, Intel CPU less picky of ram compared to AMD. I expect its been tested on your board.

i could guess the cause of that last one might be LAN drivers. Just absed on fact Chrome crashed (its a guess)
e1i65x64.sysIntelIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver11/06/2018In 1 of 1 dumps
but finding new oens might be fun. The Asus website is no help as yours are newer than what they have now.

Alright the lan cable Every time I touch it disconnects. its sensitive... what's next on the agenda?