Question BSODing for years but now cant play games for more than 15 mins without crashing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Hello I seem to have a long lasting problem where my pc always blue screened for a reason or a another but I have noticed the problem became unbearable and much more intense.

After I moved from my old crooked case to a new one, I noticed some weird hardware things; the gpu sags a lot and I kind of was rough with the mobo after my gpu jammed to the pcie, and have the CPU cooler heatpipes close to my ram. that's all hardware.

on the software side there's some minidump files I have used driver verifier for, the newest two files I did after uninstalling the bus driver for DS3 and reseated my gpu and ram after the 1st minidump named 100220. the newest two files should be kernel dump's that start with 10042 here: https://mega.nz/folder/N6wX3SrS#AMmYSJsDgxGO7qhFzVBz2Q

the most popular crash I get is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION", "memory management" and "ntoskrnl.exe" I appreciate you guy's help, I need it.

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
I have tested with memtest86.. the PC mainly failed Test seven 200 times.. it also failed test five and nine. :(

https://mega.nz/folder/FrxAAKjI#OyfVtO-eAEw2pAAZBmFTyA

What does it mean? and what should I do? again your help is vastly appreciated.

Edit: took a screenshot for you
4zaxCu0.png

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What does it mean?
Very likely that your RAM is faulty.
Did you do this with all RAM modules installed and with any XMP/DOCP/OC profile on? (Running your RAM at a higher speed)?

The other problem with this, is if you did do it with all 4 modules, it could just be the compatibility issue we told you about, so you'd have to narrow it down. The other issue is because they are likely from different packs, you'd have to find out which module it is (by testing each one individually) and then returning that one. usually if it's a pack you just return the lot for a new one.

RAM from these manufacturers ahve lifetime warranties so you don't need to spend more.

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Very likely that your RAM is faulty.
Did you do this with all RAM modules installed and with any XMP/DOCP/OC profile on? (Running your RAM at a higher speed)?

RAM from these manufacturers ahve lifetime warranties so you don't need to spend more.

Yes I did this with all modules and with XMP on. I Have a 4.6GHZ OC on my i5-6600k, The Pc wasn't THIS unstable before I moved on to a new Case.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Test 1 stick at a time, right now you know ram is faulty but not which stick. DO it one at a time, any stick with more than 0 errors is faulty. Only error count you want is 0

remove faulty ram sticks and replace them/rma them

note: maybe test without the overclock

Reactions: PC Tailor

Colif

Win 11 Master
no, it used to be that we recommended 8 passes but it only lets you do 4 now.

You want to be sure?

figuring out if its just 1 stick at fault means your other 3 are fine and the BSOD that been bugging you for years might stop. When you have faulty ram you can't trust any bsod.

Reactions: PC Tailor

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Sorry for not updating this but I am doing further testing after confirming that one of the memory sticks wont even boot. I am still crashing. but Much less

Colif

Win 11 Master
so you had 2 unmatching sets before, what have you installed ram wise now?
Did you send one set back, use the other one while waiting and then put the replacements in?

the bsod could still be the little differences caused by non matching sets.

Since PC is so unstable I would have only run the new set and see if it fixes it. If you still getting BSOD with that set up, we have to start looking at it being another part... like motherboard, CPU or something else.

noobis

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Ram wise I only have the "Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz C16" on now.

the error reads: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

search indicates it might be a thermal problem, I do have a new cpu cooler on hand cause this one is a Thermaltake 6-pipe from the intel i5-750 days. installing it now.

TRENDING THREADS