BSODs after installing W10TP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake Kerwood

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
Hey guys & gals!

I need some help diagnosing a few BSODs I've been having. I think the BSODs are driver related because I have ran memtest86+ for 8 passes no errors, as well as chkdisk and seatools with no problems.

Yesterday I installed W10TP and I've had a few troublesome BSODs. The issue seems to be limited to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

I've uploaded my minidumps here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/25114898/W10_DUMPS.zip

My system specs are as follows:

MOBO: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU: AMD FX-9590
GPU: HIS IceQx2 Boost R9 290X
RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB

Thanks for the help!

Solution
It's almost entirely unlikely to NOT have some kind of possibility of driver related errors until the final version, and possibly well beyond that, is released. There is a LOT of hardware that has not yet been fully tested or had Windows 10 compatible drivers released yet. Network adapters, display drivers and other situations where overclocking or tweaks are employed, among other things, may all be triggers for errors. This happens every time a new platform is released and almost always takes some time for things to be smoothed out. As much as is possible, make sure you're using Windows 10 WHQL signed drivers as well. Unsigned drivers may create undesirable issues in some cases...
It's almost entirely unlikely to NOT have some kind of possibility of driver related errors until the final version, and possibly well beyond that, is released. There is a LOT of hardware that has not yet been fully tested or had Windows 10 compatible drivers released yet. Network adapters, display drivers and other situations where overclocking or tweaks are employed, among other things, may all be triggers for errors. This happens every time a new platform is released and almost always takes some time for things to be smoothed out. As much as is possible, make sure you're using Windows 10 WHQL signed drivers as well. Unsigned drivers may create undesirable issues in some cases.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windows_hardware_certification/archive/2015/04/01/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10.aspx

Solution

freeskier93

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
You're running the latest AMD 15.7 drivers right? Also Asus has Windows 10 beta drivers so go to the driver download page for your motherboard, select Windows 10 and download/install all the available drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.