[SOLVED] BSOD's and games crashing after new hardware

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 21, 2019
Recently i got myself new hardware. After installing the hardware and having alot of trouble installing windows. I got my PC up and running.
Everything seems fine, but when i play games they crash or my PC will blue screen. The games go from running perfectly fine to suddenly crashing.
I have tried to reinstall Windows multiple times, this does not seem to solve it. I have also tried Windows memory testing and general tweaking of settings, without positive results.
All my drivers are up-to-date and i have a fresh W10 instal now.

Crashing games (all the games i play):
  • CS:GO crashes every few hours;
  • LoL crashes every few hours;
  • Overwatch crashes every couple minutes.
New hardware in my pc:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • MOBO: ROG STRIX B450-F
  • RAM: G.Skill DDR4 Aegis 2x8GB 2666MHz
  • Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-DELTA RGB
Rest of the hardware:
  • GPU: Strix NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  • PSU: Corsair Builder CX550M
  • SSD: Kingston A400 SSD 120GB
  • HDD: Some 2TB Medion HDD (ST2000DM001-1CH164) (basicly the only part left from a Medion prebuild at first i thought this gave me trouble installing W10 because of bloatware)
The BSOD's i got over the last few weeks:
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION > mmcss.sys
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION > win32full.sys
  • BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
  • KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
  • DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL > Ndu.sys
I have been trying to solve this myself, but seem to be unable to fix this. My hard and sofware shills are pretty basic. I pray someone here can help me solve this!

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Just to clarify:
  • Disconnect my SSD from system
  • Get a bootable usb
  • Install W10 on the HDD
  • See if i have the same problems
  • If not plug SSD back in
Effectively yes, even when you install Windows, any other drives should be disconnected anyway.
Being as it went into startup repair, obviously the OS has become corrupt somewhere, which being as you've haven't changed OS anywhere, and reinstalled loads of times, seems odd.

Aug 21, 2019
Effectively yes, even when you install Windows, any other drives should be disconnected anyway.
Being as it went into startup repair, obviously the OS has become corrupt somewhere, which being as you've haven't changed OS anywhere, and reinstalled loads of times, seems odd.

I just tried installing as discribed, but after a while i end up on the automatic recovery again :'(
So it does not seem to be related tot storage.

I guess my only go to is trying this again?

Aug 21, 2019
In which case run memtest and see if there are anh obvious RAM faults. No way should a clean install on a drive become immediately corrupt, after storage, RAM would be the next bet on that corruption.

Can i do this using cmd in automatic recovery? Or should i manage to fully install W10 first?