Question BSODs/black screen with CPU EZ DEBUG LED lit on motherboard ?

Jul 28, 2023
My pc specs:
GPU: 3060 Ti
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
MOBO: Tomahawk b450 max
RAM: Vengeance 8x2 ram
PSU:EVGA 700 BR, 80+ Bronze 700W

My computer was working fine until I attempted to overclock my CPUand ram after finding out they could both be overclocked. I started getting blue screens of death for about 4 days until I fixed it by booting in safe mode a couple times. Then it worked for a while until now when it got into a blue screen of death restart loop.
I finally fixed that loop, by resetting my computer but now I get bsod's and my monitor turns off and my cpu ez debug led turns on. Could my cpu be fried? I used to have 32gb of the same type of ram, and I removed one set (one set is black one set is white). I figured that the black one was broken after my pc wouldn't turn on when it was in. I really don't want to replace my cpu, any ideas?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
any ideas?
It will be expensive, but you can look at it as life's tax (some call it stupid tax).

Why life's tax? Because of this:
PSU:EVGA 700 BR, 80+ Bronze 700W
EVGA BR is low quality PSU, borderline crap. And the fact that your PC survived so long, is a small miracle. Of course, you pushed your system hard with OC, which in turn, was enough for PSU and it called it quits, by also taking some components with it, for good measure. (Exactly as expected.)

Bottom line is: never cheap out on PSU since it powers everything and thus, is the most important component inside the PC. Far more important than your CPU and GPU combined.

Here, one of the following, or all of them, are dead: CPU, MoBo, RAM, GPU.

So, at bare minimum, you're looking towards new PSU. And this time, get good quality PSU. E.g Seasonic Focus/PRIME or Corsair RMx/RMi/HX/HXi/AX/AXi.
(All 3 of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

For 2nd opinion about your EVGA BR PSU, check PSU Tier List;
link: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

Look under Tier C, low priority unit.
While what i suggest and personally am using, is anything from Tier A.

Besides new PSU, you'll also need new: CPU or MoBo or RAM or GPU. Which of the 4 is dead (if not all of them), for that, you'll need 2nd, compatible system, where to test out each and every component individually. To see what survived and what didn't.

In the end, your case is prime example of why not to cheap out on PSU, by showing you what consequences it has, if you do (which you did).

Oh, based on debug LED, either the CPU or MoBo is toast. Debug LED doesn't tell that CPU itself is toast. It tells that MoBo can't get connection with CPU. Due to this, either of the two, or both of them, are dead.