Nov 12, 2020
Hello,
At the beginning, my PC:
APU -> Ryzen 5 3400G with Vega 11 Graphics
Mobo -> ASRock A320M DVS R4.0
RAM -> Gskill 8GBx2
SSD disk for system and HDD for data (Toshiba and Goodram)
Power 700W

Building and configuration was done for me by a computer service. Unfortunately, on the first day, after two hours in game the BSOD showed up: "Thread stuck in device driver". The BSOD showed up several times, always while gaming. I looked for a solution for a long time, the only one I found was to downgrade BIOS to P3.30 version. It helped. Everything was GREAT for a month.

Windows download and install update in the background while I was using Chrome. After installing october update (changed from version 2004 to 20H2 then) BSODs again:
  • Kmode exception not handled
  • System service exception
  • IRQL not less or equal
  • Driver IRQL not less or equal

First, I updated graphics drivers removing old ones with DDU in safe mode but it didnt help. Tested the RAM with memtest86. No errors. Tested SSD and HDD. No erros. Dims/scannnow with cmd command showed that everythings ok. Someone recommended me to use the driver verifier, I got full instructions. At one point my PC went into a BSOD loop and then turned on UEFI. There was nothing I could do but install Windows from USB. Just in case, installed windows without internet connection. Here is a moment to check if there is no BSOD without installing anything, the computer was working all night and nothing happened. Next I installed drivers from USB: the chipset and graphic driver (I chose the recommended one, the one that worked before) from AMD website with Radeon Software, next turned off windows automatic update and connected my computer with LAN. I started working at microsoft edge and here we go again, BSODs. I did sfc / scannow again, the tool showed a message that found a bug and fixed it, have a log file but it didn't help, still BSODs. I don't think they were during any particular activity. Sometimes when uploading photos to the dropbox, sometimes just when viewing the event log. Two after rebooting. However, never in idle. Now three hours in a browser without BSOD but what next? Should I keep testing the computer and try to play game for example? Should I test the hardware again? Please note that I am still running a BIOS downgrade due to previous BSODs. Should I try to update it? I heard that an outdated BIOS version may have something to do with the current BSODs. But when I had BIOS P3.70, it was a problem with "thread stuck in device driver". Im afraid to update anything right now. I feel powerless. Please help. I will be grateful for any advice!

Minidump files, DxDiag, CBS and whocrashed dumps (all after reinstal windows, maybe it helps):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hdvo70db1opau0g/AABl3W_kFDjC00P_QisSDuuOa?dl=0 <- minidump
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4vmei93p1pv61x9/AABE8wLf44BVccPaUIvMnHdca?dl=0 <- rest

I have noticed strange content appear in the event log, it is normal? (Sorry if this doesn't sound familiar, but I have to translate this from another language):

1. The following boot or system startup drivers were not loaded:
dam

2. Remote calls to the SAM database are restricted using the default registry security descriptor: O: SYG: SYD: (A ;; RC ;;; BA).
For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=787651.

3. The time zone information has been refreshed. End reason: 0. Current time zone difference: -60.

4. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I don't know if this is related to BSOD, but I found it and think is worth showing.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/y49rp18c/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:111220-8234-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 15:03:22)
Bugcheck:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (EF)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)

File information:111220-5468-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 12:54:51)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amdkmdag.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: msedge.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 46 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:111220-5156-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 16:25:52)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-DVS R4.0/index.asp
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are version 3.3 and the latest is 4.0. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Edit:
Results for 2 new dumps below: https://jsfiddle.net/v5rqtwgj/show
File information:111320-7437-01.dmp (Nov 13 2020 - 17:03:03)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:111320-7125-01.dmp (Nov 13 2020 - 17:28:37)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 25 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2020
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:111220-8234-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 15:03:22)
Bugcheck:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (EF)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)

File information:111220-5468-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 12:54:51)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: msedge.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 46 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:111220-5156-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 16:25:52)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-DVS R4.0/index.asp
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are version 3.3 and the latest is 4.0. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Yes, this is my motherboard. I have BIOS P3.30 due to recent "Thread stuck in device driver" BSODs. This BSOD didnt show up after the BIOS downgrade. Is it possible that a newer BIOS version + the latest Windows update will solve all the problems? Include "Thread stuck"? When I had a problem with "Thread stuck in device driver", I had windows 2004. Now I have 20H2, but it is still not up-to-date. Windows updates are stopped now because crashes with mini dump files started immediately after their installation.

I can flash the BIOS myself, no problem. I'm just afraid that thread stuck BSODs will come back.

EDIT:
Ok, another two BSODs while downloading Origin. Before, I played a game with OpenGL for three hours and everything was fine. I have a minidump, but I don't know if they're useful. Whocrashed shows ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe only.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/seukdpe2hlxq9no/AABAKkgLPCI6yqSx0YXFYlLja?dl=0

Last edited: