[SOLVED] Bsods when enabling XMP for RAM and no boot when manual timings

PersistantPro

Honorable
Jun 22, 2014
Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Auros Pro Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super

Hello all! Been dealing with an issue for the last 6 months or so.
Whenever I enable XMP mode I get random crashes, and when putting it through memtest I get errors at that speed (3200mhz). But if I put it at the base speed of 2133 Mhz I get no errors and no crashes.
I have tried also manually inputing my numbers and timing using ryzen Dram calculator but some reason whenever I do this it fails to boot like 3 times then boots with standard 2133 Mhz.
I put in the safe mode numbers using the right information but it will not post. I am at a loss and could use any help. Thank you for any help!

Here are the numbers ryzen calculator is giving me

Solution
That memory kit IS on the QVL list for the B450 Aorus Pro Wifi, and are validated for XMP. They should work.

Did you buy both sticks new, in ONE kit?

Are you using the second and fourth DIMM slots, which are the DDR4_1 and DDR4_2 slots. They are located two slots over from the CPU and then the slot closest to the edge of the motherboard. You MUST use those slots for two DIMM population if you wish to use XMP.

Make sure you have the MOST recent BIOS version installed for your motherboard. That is absolutely crucial, memory pun not intended.

You might also try bumping the DRAM/SOC voltage UP by about .005-.020v.

If none of that helps, then I'd contact Corsair about an RMA.
That memory kit IS on the QVL list for the B450 Aorus Pro Wifi, and are validated for XMP. They should work.

Did you buy both sticks new, in ONE kit?

Are you using the second and fourth DIMM slots, which are the DDR4_1 and DDR4_2 slots. They are located two slots over from the CPU and then the slot closest to the edge of the motherboard. You MUST use those slots for two DIMM population if you wish to use XMP.

Make sure you have the MOST recent BIOS version installed for your motherboard. That is absolutely crucial, memory pun not intended.

You might also try bumping the DRAM/SOC voltage UP by about .005-.020v.

If none of that helps, then I'd contact Corsair about an RMA.

Solution