Question BSOD's when Idle or not gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2022
Hello! Over the past couple days I have been experiencing a multitude pf BSOD's with the SAME stop code every time: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

It happens heavily when it is idle or when just simply browsing the internet. But does NOT do it when I play an intense game on the machine. I just don't get it. I completely reinstalled Windows 11 to no success - the same stop code and same persistency. I would sure love some help - I've included a .zip file of the MiniDump and specs of my machine are found below. One from Onedrive the other on Google Drive in case one doesn't work.

Edit: When I reboot the machine it has now gotten so bad that it blue screens with the same message everytime when trying to boot back up. I have to fight the blue screen of death to even be able to login. It attempts to repair the machine nearly every time after the BSOD.

Minidump of all 4 crashes
Minidump of all 4 crashes

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎11/‎15/‎2022
OS build 22621.819
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0
Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX3080

Colif

Win 11 Master
The google drive dumps are from February, and are acting odd as my debugger just wasn't doing them right. The Onedrive ones look better. Its finished 4 of them in the time it took to do none of the other ones.

Conversion of Dumps

Report - click run as fiddle to read

File: 111522-8734-01.dmp (Nov 16 2022 - 08:25:25)
BugCheck: [PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 06 Sec(s)

File: 111522-8578-01.dmp (Nov 16 2022 - 10:59:43)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

File: 111522-8437-01.dmp (Nov 16 2022 - 10:55:49)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 06 Sec(s)

File: 111522-11640-01.dmp (Nov 16 2022 - 10:29:59)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)

two of them happened within 6 seconds of startup.
non paged area is ram, its used by drivers so its likely a driver error

try uninstalling bitdefender, there weren't many drivers running in 2 crashes, and half of them were Bitdefender. Alternate is try to update it.

Try updating chipset drivers, don't need stormi or RAID - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

is the ram all one set? Its hard to tell with Teamgroup ram

Nov 15, 2022
Interesting. Could the issue seriously be BitDefender? I just completely reinstalled Windows and that includes me installing BitDefender for my anti virus. Tomorrow I can try disabling it and see what happens as well as update the chipset drivers. Although I'm lazy and use DriverBooster to update a good majority of my drivers which I believe include chipsets.

As far as the RAM goes, it's 4 separate sticks of RAM.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I only suggested it based on what was running - I use it myself and its generally not something I suspect, but now you said
As far as the RAM goes, it's 4 separate sticks of RAM.

it could be the ram. Ryzen is pretty picky with ram and the more sticks you put together that aren't in a set, the more chance you get strange errors. Ram sold in sets is tested to work with the other sticks in the set. Its why they sell sets.

You might find you get less errors with 2 sticks, but still chance of errors.

Or buy a set of 64gb if you need that much

Nov 15, 2022
I only suggested it based on what was running - I use it myself and its generally not something I suspect, but now you said

it could be the ram. Ryzen is pretty picky with ram and the more sticks you put together that aren't in a set, the more chance you get strange errors. Ram sold in sets is tested to work with the other sticks in the set. Its why they sell sets.

You might find you get less errors with 2 sticks, but still chance of errors.

Or buy a set of 64gb if you need that much
When I had the PC built, they messed up and only included 32GB's of RAM (2 sticks) when it was supposed to have 64GB. So they mailed me two additional sticks (separately). I feared this would cause issues and I'm willing to bet that this is the root cause for the memory BSOD's. Because it wasn't ordered together it's causing the discrepancies by me later adding the two sticks, granted they are the same brand and type (allegedly) but since I didn't build the machine - this is only what I know.

I ordered 2 new sticks of Corsair RGB Vengeance (64GB total) since I know the Corsair Vengeance brand is the most compatible with AMD 5900X and will install them and let you know the results! They arrive tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.