Question BSODs Win10 on new computer 1903

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Juviole

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Hi guys, I've recently put together this computer and I've been having different BSODs ever since, sometimes being
multiple days apart. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Juviole/saved/#view=9KCV7P

I've run both memtest86 and the memory diagnostics tool, I've reinstalled Win10, I have scanned my hard drive, I have
installed the chipset drivers for my motherboard, I've used DDU to get rid of and install the GPU drivers again - frankly, I am out of ideas
and I have no idea how to fix this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Eca0_8Yp9Y9TGf9yfmsN_lnu2kTBCY7Y

These are the two minidumps I have, one being for a Kernel Mode Heap Corruption BSOD and the other for a Kernel Security Check Failure.

I'd highly appreciate any and all help.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the new dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/658e.html

File information:091119-5265-01.dmp (Sep 11 2019 - 11:34:06)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by:atikmdag.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 29 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, at least driver is showing its name in the dumps and we don't have to search for it. I wish all dumps were so obvious.

I don't see many problems with AMD cards, compared to Nvidia. It could be market share, I always put it down to the drivers being better.

Did you ever try the drivers of Windows update? The newest aren't the answer obviously.

I remember years ago you could get custom driver packs, wonder if they still exist.

Juviole

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
well, at least driver is showing its name in the dumps and we don't have to search for it. I wish all dumps were so obvious.

I don't see many problems with AMD cards, compared to Nvidia. It could be market share, I always put it down to the drivers being better.

Did you ever try the drivers of Windows update? The newest aren't the answer obviously.

I remember years ago you could get custom driver packs, wonder if they still exist.

I tried, but going through Google update just told me everything was up to date despite having ran DDU before. The hardware acceleration issue seems to be happening on every driver since 19.7.4 and that means performance issues and other causes for crashes would be reintroduced if I believe the reddit threads I found and the release notes themselves so I'll likely not bother if (hopefully) not using hardware acceleration does the trick.

ryzengamer

Great
Mar 19, 2019
The design of Xfx cards are bad. I broke the XFX RX460 by touching the grounding shield of the hdmi cable connector. I got my money back and I buy Asus graphics cards only. Asus cards have 3 years warranty when Xfx has 2 years here.

Juviole

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
The design of Xfx cards are bad. I broke the XFX RX460 by touching the grounding shield of the hdmi cable connector. I got my money back and I buy Asus graphics cards only. Asus cards have 3 years warranty when Xfx has 2 years here.
So you think it could be a hardware issue?

Edit : this is the longest I've been crash-free since forever. I think it was the hardware acceleration (which also got acknowledged in the latest AMD driver release notes) and not the fact that it's an XFX card.

Last edited: