[SOLVED] Budget AMD System Recommendation

emrenkaya

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
Im building a system after my notebook has died recently. But this will be my first desktop and im not sure about some sort of things right now.

First of all i chose AMD ryzen 5 2600 which i plan to overclock. And i bought it. As gpu im intending to buy a rx 580 8gb nitro+. But im in between rx 580 and rtx 2060. The 6gb vram of 2060 scares me. A lot of comments of its lack of vram will scrap it in 1 or 2 years. And i thought to buy rx 580 and upgrade it in next few years.

I plan to upgrade my cpu too. So i want to buy a futureproof motherboard. Do i really need to buy a x470 or is b450 enough for next 3 4 years. Plus i will use m.2 ssd.

Another matter is psu. I dont really know what to buy. Do you have any budget psu reccomendation?

(I bought corsair vengeance ddr4 3200 mhz 2x8 ram.)

Solution
There is a significant difference between the 580 and the 2060. The 2060 is a much more powerful card. I would not worry about the 6gb of VRAM. If you are gonna play 1080p, then 6gb will be plenty. You really dont need the extra VRAM till you start getting into higher definitions.

As for the motherboard, the b450 will support the same CPUs that the x470 will support. So for longevity or future proofing, they are equal. The x470 has a few more features and may overclock a little better, but not my a whole lot. I would go with a b450 board and use the money saved on something else.

Without knowing where you live, recommending a specific PSU is not that easy. But I would look for a quality 550 watt PSU from EVGA, Corsair, or...
There is a significant difference between the 580 and the 2060. The 2060 is a much more powerful card. I would not worry about the 6gb of VRAM. If you are gonna play 1080p, then 6gb will be plenty. You really dont need the extra VRAM till you start getting into higher definitions.

As for the motherboard, the b450 will support the same CPUs that the x470 will support. So for longevity or future proofing, they are equal. The x470 has a few more features and may overclock a little better, but not my a whole lot. I would go with a b450 board and use the money saved on something else.

Without knowing where you live, recommending a specific PSU is not that easy. But I would look for a quality 550 watt PSU from EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic based on the system specs you listed.

Solution

emrenkaya

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
In some youtube videos they are talking about how even bf v is vram hungry on 1080p ultra settings. And i scared of that in that perspective. I thought i could buy 580 and upgrade it next year or so. Which would be wise? I am not addicted to 60+ fps just want to get what i paid.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
The RX 580 8GB is more suited to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz than is the RTX 2060. Assuming that you're in the US, the RX 580 8GB is also FAR cheaper. There are deals popping up on it every so often.

Get the 580, save a bunch of money, and enjoy.

I am reminded of a quote from Abraham Lincoln, "dont believe everything you see on youtube".