Budget Build- Fractal Design Define R5

TJReed

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
I have come up with this build that I hope to build once I get enough money, here is what I have put together so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yFqnK8 I picked the Define R5 by Fractal Design because of the quality and the ability to have silence when I want it. One thing I was wondering about this case was would leaving the door in the front open help airflow to a great extent, or would it not be worth sacrificing the silence for a little more airflow. I was also wondering if putting another exhaust fan on the top and then putting another intake on the bottom would offer good airflow, as there is already a 140 mm exhaust fan in the back and a 140 mm intake fan in the front. Finally, I was wondering if the fans that were in the case already were of high quality and offered good airflow, and if not please tell me of other case fans that do have these characteristics. Thanks for any replies!

Solution
I would leave the fans as they are for now .
If you get high temperatures then you can consider adding more .

If you value silence change the graphics card to the ASUS strix . The fan doesnt spin until the card is under load so its completely silent most of the time

The CAS 10 RAM is lower quality . Use CAS or CL 9 or less
I would leave the fans as they are for now .
If you get high temperatures then you can consider adding more .

If you value silence change the graphics card to the ASUS strix . The fan doesnt spin until the card is under load so its completely silent most of the time

The CAS 10 RAM is lower quality . Use CAS or CL 9 or less

Solution

kdissette

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
I wanted to go all low power,cheap,gameable, and silent and ended up with more than I thought I would get
CPU: AMD 8320E $130
CPU Cooler: Hyper TX3 $23
Motherboard: MSI 970 $40
Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 $50
Storage: 120gb ssd(OS)$40, WD 1TB HD ($40), 2x 500GB HD (Free)
Video Card: Zotac Geforce 750ti 2gb ddr5 low profile card $100
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 no window $100
Power Supply: EVGA 500w psu $40
Other: MIA high def soundcard (free)
Total: $563

for the low cost and power it delivers quite a punch. I can run skyrim with 60mods at 60fps on ultra, wwe 2k16 on high, I can edit video and music without lag. The gpu doesnt need a power connector and the cpu is low wattage so overall i have plenty of room to add stuff on only a 500w psu. Also the rig is almost completely silent. The only sound is the occassional HD spin on long transfers.