[SOLVED] Budget Custom water cooling

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
well im trying to get a custom water cooling from aliexpress (a type of bang good page) and i have all of components , but my question is if this components are enough and good ? or if i could get something better for same or less price, please help me .
AM4 CPU BLOCK
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32922012109.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.90543c00AYPFXj

RESERVOIR PUMP COMBO
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32841167251.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.90543c00AYPFXj

HIGH STATIC PRESSURE FANS
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32887499869.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.90543c00AYPFXj

FITTINGS
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32855255816.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.90543c00AYPFXj

PETG TUBE
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32859182928.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.90543c00AYPFXj

240 MM COPPER RADIATOR
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32821876509.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.90543c00AYPFXj

, i want to know if a water cooling like that can fit in a nxzt h500 case ,and also how can i know when i put the liquid that it would not leak? can i test it before puting it ?

Solution
The H500 is a bit cramped for a custom loop so you'll most likely have to find a less "plug and play" method of mounting the pump+reservoir because the more conventional methods of using a fan/radiator bracket mount will leave no room for the GPU. Most people doing custom loops in the H500 have to mount it horizontally to the PSU shroud or if they front mount it they have to use the vertical GPU mount, which isn't a good idea with an air cooled GPU. Watercooling isn't cheap and ordinary desktop CPUs don't benefit that much from it.
There s not a whole lot you can do to test for leaks prior to install as it looks like a hardtube build. You'll need to install in the case for correct measurement. Budget and watercooling is doable, but those parts aren't really budget, they're just cheap. I'd honestly look elsewhere. While those parts may work, they may not. Or they might fail quickly.

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
There s not a whole lot you can do to test for leaks prior to install as it looks like a hardtube build. You'll need to install in the case for correct measurement. Budget and watercooling is doable, but those parts aren't really budget, they're just cheap. I'd honestly look elsewhere. While those parts may work, they may not. Or they might fail quickly.
any recommendation of a cheap one ? but with good performance? because im trying to search a good watercooling price/performance and im not really sure about the prices or the quality of the objects so...

What is your Budget? You'll more than likely need $200-250 to cool your cpu, more for gpu. You maybe able to do it for less, but figure that's about where you'll be for cost.

But let me know what you're planning to spend, and I'll help try and lead you in the right direction.

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
What is your Budget? You'll more than likely need $200-250 to cool your cpu, more for gpu. You maybe able to do it for less, but figure that's about where you'll be for cost.

But let me know what you're planning to spend, and I'll help try and lead you in the right direction.
150 250 dollars

https://www.performance-pcs.com/checkout/cart/

Hopefully this link will work. It's about the same overall cost of the EK kit listed above though. The cart has no tubing as it was currently out of stock, and wouldn't let me add it. But it is mayhems ultra clear and goes for .50c a foot, I usually get 10ft, in case i mess up. It also doesn't include coolant as there are many options, from just distilled water to all kinds of fancy colors. Figure about $4-15 for this. This being said, the Ek kit linked above looks nice as it includes everything. All in all looks like you need to think about investing close to $300, while you could do it for less, it's not advisable. You want product you can trust!

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
https://www.performance-pcs.com/checkout/cart/

Hopefully this link will work. It's about the same overall cost of the EK kit listed above though. The cart has no tubing as it was currently out of stock, and wouldn't let me add it. But it is mayhems ultra clear and goes for .50c a foot, I usually get 10ft, in case i mess up. It also doesn't include coolant as there are many options, from just distilled water to all kinds of fancy colors. Figure about $4-15 for this. This being said, the Ek kit linked above looks nice as it includes everything. All in all looks like you need to think about investing close to $300, while you could do it for less, it's not advisable. You want product you can trust!
The link send me to the page not to the product btw, can you send it again ?

junglist724

Honorable
Apr 10, 2017
The H500 is a bit cramped for a custom loop so you'll most likely have to find a less "plug and play" method of mounting the pump+reservoir because the more conventional methods of using a fan/radiator bracket mount will leave no room for the GPU. Most people doing custom loops in the H500 have to mount it horizontally to the PSU shroud or if they front mount it they have to use the vertical GPU mount, which isn't a good idea with an air cooled GPU. Watercooling isn't cheap and ordinary desktop CPUs don't benefit that much from it.

Solution
The link send me to the page not to the product btw, can you send it again ?
Unfortunately I cannot. I forgot performance-pcs removes items from the cart if you don't check out within an hour or so. What I can do is rebuild the list, and try to relink each item individually. But like I said, my list will be close to, if not slightly over $300. You may want to consider using an aio for now, especially after reading what junglist said about available space. I will get you the list tomorrow though.

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
Unfortunately I cannot. I forgot performance-pcs removes items from the cart if you don't check out within an hour or so. What I can do is rebuild the list, and try to relink each item individually. But like I said, my list will be close to, if not slightly over $300. You may want to consider using an aio for now, especially after reading what junglist said about available space. I will get you the list tomorrow though.
what aio do you recommend me for am4 socket?

price /performance

junglist724

Honorable
Apr 10, 2017
what aio do you recommend me for am4 socket?

price /performance
Aside from some Coolermaster, Deep-Cool, and Enermax AIOs they're all using designs licensed from Asetek so the only differences are the fans and looks of the pump/block. The largest radiator you can fit is a 280mm in the front, so I'd pick something from this list. I mainly do custom loops but for the AIOs I do have I've always replaced the stock fans before ever using them so I don't really know how the fans compare. I will say that where I work we have a dozen workstations with NZXT fans that came with their S340 cases and we've had a 50% failure rate on the top exhaust fans in about a year :ROFLMAO:.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Took 6 years of 24/7/363 usage for the stock nzxt fan on my x61 to develop a tick.

Considering the life expectancy of your average fan is somewhere around 50,000hrs, that works out to roughly 5.7yrs of 24/7 usage. Huh, funny that.

Yes, some like Noctua go so far in the hunt for design perfection that their fans are rated for 150k hours, but that's not the norm.

Average life expectancy for a sealed AIO is 5 years. After that, it's a guess as to exactly when, how much, to what degree the tubing has allowed dissipation of the coolant, what the exact composition of the coolant is as to whether it'll break down over time, increasing oxygen release or other gases vital to coolant stability etc.

If AIO's are only supposed to last @ 5years ±, there's no point in changing out the stock fans that are rated to last 6. The only reason to is an attempt at better performance, whether temp or audible. That doesn't always have the desired results either as different fans have different characteristics and different performance curves.