[SOLVED] Budget Monitor Dilema (Asus vs Acer)

PCNoob00

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2014
I am thinking about budget 24 inch 1080p monitor and I have two options on mind.
Asus VP247HAE model and
Acer KA240HQ model

Acer is a bit older model but according to specs, it has all three ports (DVI, VGA and HDMI) and lower response time 1ms. Asus has better static contrast ratio (3000:1) and dynamic with somewhat better watching angles, eye care technology and more adjustable options via manu . I do not now much about monitors, so I do not now what thsese differences means practically or are those differences even notcable during casual use.
The price is almost the same, about 150 dollars in my country

I would use it for casual gaming and video watching.

Solution
First of all, the Asus model ha a VA panel, while the Acer has a TN. VA panels offer better contrast and slightly more realistic colors. TN panels have problems with viewing angles and "bleeding" (if you look at a fullscreen black image you'll notice that the bottom of the screen is whiter, just like it's enlightened ).
The 1ms difference won't really make any difference.
Also, the Asus is slightly more efficient than the Acer (<17w vs 22w respectively).

TL,DR: go for the Asus. Better panel and more power-efficient.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
First of all, the Asus model ha a VA panel, while the Acer has a TN. VA panels offer better contrast and slightly more realistic colors. TN panels have problems with viewing angles and "bleeding" (if you look at a fullscreen black image you'll notice that the bottom of the screen is whiter, just like it's enlightened ).
The 1ms difference won't really make any difference.
Also, the Asus is slightly more efficient than the Acer (<17w vs 22w respectively).

TL,DR: go for the Asus. Better panel and more power-efficient.

Reactions: PCNoob00
Solution