Question Budget PC upgrade to run CSGO & Dota 2 on max settings ?

May 29, 2022
Hello,
On my PC im playing only these 2 games
(CSGO & Dota 2).
And I want to know what I need to upgrade to run them at max setting and high fps with min budget.

My PC Specs:
AMD Radeon r9 390
Intel Core i7-2600
8GB RAM

TY.

May 29, 2022
To be honest, both these games should run at over 200fps with your pc.
Csgo is quite cpu bound, so upgrading to a newer platform might be worthwhile.
Thank you for your comment,
Can you give me a few CPU's with minimnal investment that will do the job for the next few years?

Thank you for your comment,
Can you give me a few CPU's with minimnal investment that will do the job for the next few years?
You can get really good deals on intel 10th or 11th gen right now, or ryzen 3000 series.
The i5 11/10400 and ryzen 5 3600 are both very good upgrades for you.
Though sadly you will need new ram and a new motherboard.

Newer chips although faster are not the best bang for the buck so 1 generation behind the newest seems to be very good for price-performance.
and I wouldn't get a lower end chip than those.
even the fastest 4 core processor would not be that big of an upgrade in my opinion and going 6 cores is a much more meaningful upgrade, so i7 4770-i7 7700k are not gonna be that big of an upgrade.
(Unless you can get an i3 12300 a motherboard and ram for cheap*)
i5 8400-9400 would be okay, but I think they wouldn't even be that much cheaper than 11th gen that is quite a bit faster.

*it is a 4 core cpu which isn't good, but it is the fastest 4 core cpu in existance probably, and I think it will be fast enough to be a meaningful upgrade, but it is the only 4 core to be so.

May 29, 2022
You can get really good deals on intel 10th or 11th gen right now, or ryzen 3000 series.
The i5 11/10400 and ryzen 5 3600 are both very good upgrades for you.
Though sadly you will need new ram and a new motherboard.

Newer chips although faster are not the best bang for the buck so 1 generation behind the newest seems to be very good for price-performance.
and I wouldn't get a lower end chip than those.
even the fastest 4 core processor would not be that big of an upgrade in my opinion and going 6 cores is a much more meaningful upgrade, so i7 4770-i7 7700k are not gonna be that big of an upgrade.
(Unless you can get an i3 12300 a motherboard and ram for cheap*)
i5 8400-9400 would be okay, but I think they wouldn't even be that much cheaper than 11th gen that is quite a bit faster.

*it is a 4 core cpu which isn't good, but it is the fastest 4 core cpu in existance probably, and I think it will be fast enough to be a meaningful upgrade, but it is the only 4 core to be so.
Thank you for your time and affort, it was very helpful 💪🏼

Boopig

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
To springboard off Siaan with a bit of my own input.

You can run both games with your current rig. I speak more for Dota (7000 hours across 8 years) when I say this but you will not get a high FPS at max settings on with a CPU upgrade alone, although it is an excellent place to start. You will need to upgrade your GPU too but as Siaan rightfully says the CPU upgrade is the priority.

The most hectic team fights with illusions and large AOE spells make my i7 8700k and 2080ti sweat on max settings.

Just wanted to paint a larger picture for you if Dota is something you really intend on playing on max settings.