[SOLVED] Budget Premiere CC System

Feb 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

Building a budget PC to use the Adobe CC suite but mostly Premiere. Probably using a year old version and it seems that only the newest versions have a requirement for 4GB GPU, so I am thinking just to run a cheap GPU to get by. Render times dont bother me too much, mainly smooth editing and scrubbing for 1080p and sometimes 4k.

Are these specs ok? Could I downgrade anything?

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV
RAM 16G Kit (8Gx2) 3200 G.Skill Ripjaws V OR 16G Kit (8Gx2) 3000 Corsair Vengeance LPX
Any cheap 1-2GB GPU

Have existing SSD and not really looking to overclock (unless its easy!)

How powerful would the PSU need to be for this? Is a stock one ok?

Cheers!

Solution
For a cheap gpu id get an rx570 4gb or 8gb. You would need a 450 watt or more psu. Id get the 3200 ram since ryzen benefits from fast ram. Adobe products seem to benefit from a nvidia card. You could get a gtx 1050 or 1050ti , which both perform worse in games but cost less and may do better in adobe.
For a cheap gpu id get an rx570 4gb or 8gb. You would need a 450 watt or more psu. Id get the 3200 ram since ryzen benefits from fast ram. Adobe products seem to benefit from a nvidia card. You could get a gtx 1050 or 1050ti , which both perform worse in games but cost less and may do better in adobe.

Last edited:
Solution
I hate to steer people away from AMD, and this system is plenty capable, but Adobe's suite of software does tend to run better on Intel CPUs thanks to the higher clock speeds. So... an Intel/NVidia build might give you slightly better performance... so, if you are going to be doing time sensitive stuff, something with a Core i5 9400 or 9600K would be a faster Adobe machine. The 4 GB GPU requirement is a bit of a pain, that really limits you 2 either the GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1060 6GB on the NVidia side. AMD cards come in 4 GB variants from the RX 560 and up.

Like I said, I hate to steer people away from AMD, but I think you should have all the information before you make a decision.

Feb 17, 2019
Thanks guys.

It is only for personal projects so nothing time sensitive. Initially I was looking at the i5 but they $320+ compared to 260 for the AMD where I am. I am prepared to take a performance hit to save that cash, as long as using the program is smooth.

Do you have experience using older versions of CC? It seems only the newest version has the 4GB GPU requirement, so if i use a slightly older version would I be ok with a base model 1/2GB GPU?

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-pro/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html