[SOLVED] Budget upgrade advice needed

DonMakav3li

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hey,

I'm planning on a budget CPU and Mobo upgrade next week and was wondering if my choices are any good?; my main use is gonna be for gaming on 1080p. My graphics card is a GTX1060 6GB right now and I don't think I can really change that until later in 2021, I've chosen Ryzen 5 3600 and for some reason, AMD CPUs can only be bought bundled with ASUS motherboards in my country so I'm going with an ASUS PRIME B450 PLUS + 16 GB DDR4 3200 RAM.

Is this a logical combo considering I can't really afford more as of now? Also, my power supply is a GREEN 450W, do I need to change that as well? I will definitely get a new PSU if I change my GPU but for now, I'm gonna stay with my 1060 and won't be overclocking my CPU either.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hey,

I'm planning on a budget CPU and Mobo upgrade next week and was wondering if my choices are any good?; my main use is gonna be for gaming on 1080p. My graphics card is a GTX1060 6GB right now and I don't think I can really change that until later in 2021, I've chosen Ryzen 5 3600 and for some reason, AMD CPUs can only be bought bundled with ASUS motherboards in my country so I'm going with an ASUS PRIME B450 PLUS + 16 GB DDR4 3200 RAM.

Is this a logical combo considering I can't really afford more as of now? Also, my power supply is a GREEN 450W, do I need to change that as well? I will definitely get a new PSU if I change my GPU but for now, I'm gonna stay with my 1060 and won't be overclocking my CPU either.

Thanks in...
Hey,

Thanks in advance.
Is "green" a brand? In that case probably yes, change it. Performance wise, 10400F is a good competitor to the 3600, and the mobo are cheaper. Check which is cheaper (cpu+mobo combo) and by how much. For 1080p, 1060 can hold up, but not at Ultra 60fps. For that you'll need a 1660 or 1660 super. For 144 ultra, 2070 Super or above. I'd suggest 3060 Ti

Solution