Bugcheck ?

UKHappyCarper

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2005
Firstly, Hi all...
I hope someone can help. During online gaming only (CoD) my pc will randomly re-boot. I have turned-off the auto-reboot in the APM , re-installed sp4, defragged, etc, etc... Im tending to think I have a memory issue but dont know where to start looking to solve it. I have been advised that upgrading to XP will probably solve it but I dont want to waste £70 if it really is a hardware issue. The MS website provived very little info. The error message is as follows:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 07/06/2005
Time: 08:42:28
User: N/A

Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0xf5480640, 0x0000001c, 0x00000000, 0x8042f57c). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini060705-02.dmp.

My specs are:
Athlon xp2.4
W2000 os
Nvidia 5900xt running 61.77 (tried several drivers)
450w psu
good cooling so not overheating problem.
on-board sound

I really do hope someone can help as Ive actually given-up gaming until this is resolved !

Many thanks
Alex

riser

Illustrious
How many sticks of memory are in your computer? Take all but one out and test the game out.

I just installed XP on a new amd64 computer I built and it kept crashing because my memory wasn't working to well together. I'm still checking it out though.

First thing, I would make sure your PSU is doing good. You want to lower your video settings in the game just to see if that helps.

If that fixes it, you probably need a different PSU.

Memory could be a problem though. I'd take all but 1 stick out, test it out. Switch the slots around, etc.

Are you sure the CPU isn't over heating? Restarting is a common thing when a CPU hits a certain temp? Did you check in the BIOS? Maybe set the alarm relatively low but still above where you think the CPU temp never goes higher..