Bugs, Fixes For The Razer Mamba TE Gaming Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

mageworld

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
The calibration tool is there to adjust the lift off distance (LOD) of your mouse so it doesn't move as much when you pick it up and reposition it. This changes depending on the surface that the mouse is used on. Only newer Razer mice has this feature. Personally I really like this feature so I get optimal results on all types of surfaces.

The calibration tool is there to adjust the lift off distance (LOD) of your mouse so it doesn't move as much when you pick it up and reposition it. This changes depending on the surface that the mouse is used on. Only newer Razer mice has this feature. Personally I really like this feature so I get optimal results on all types of surfaces.
Funny that i don't seem to need this "feature" at all for any other mouse I have ever used. It's good they are addressing the issue, but seems more like a design flaw.

mageworld

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

You don't need it, but having it reduces lift off distance - which may only be noticeable if you're looking for it or comparing it side by side. I'm speaking strictly for the mouse calibration feature, not the design flaw of the Mamba which I have no knowledge of. Since I went from a mouse that had this feature to one that don't, and noticed immediately how the mouse cursor moves a lot more when I reposition.

alextheblue

Distinguished
three of us at Tom’s Hardware using three different Mamba TE samples -- we found serious issues, including jitter, freezing and more.
It's a feature! I call it, uh... Jittercrash! Try it out on our new alphaware, I mean latest mouse.

Razer is known for many things. Legendary reliability is not one of them.

HyperMatrix

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
Terrible mouse. Never touching Razer again. Has jitter at small movements (2mm or less). Also has input lag. It actually performs better at 125Hz polling rate than 1000Hz. Just a complete piece of garbage. Tried this along with the Razer Ouroboros. Both just terrible. Same issues. And it's weird, because it's not the fault of the Philips twin-eye laser sensor. I had that sensor on my RAT 9, and also have it on my new RAT Pro X that I bought instead of the Razer mice. The RAT mice are amazing. Minus the standard issue with the twin-eye sensors and lift off distance, it's perfect in every way.

Don't waste your money on Razer mice garbage. Though their mouse pads are stellar. The aluminum Manticor is definitely my favourite. Bought 2 of them, for home and for work.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Though their mouse pads are stellar. The aluminum Manticor is definitely my favourite. Bought 2 of them, for home and for work.
They're just not worth the money though, IMO. I don't need such a large pad, but if I did I'd get a Rantopad MAX or similar. The Razer Manticor is twice as much... and not twice as good. I would rather pocket the savings.

fireaza

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
I had exactly the same type of issues when I owned the previous model Mamba. I went through 3 RMAs before I gave up and went back to Logitech, since all three had issues. Shortly after, my Razer Blackwidow keyboard started playing up too. I've been well and truly soured on Razor products now.

kommando kodiak

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Terrible mouse. Never touching Razer again. Has jitter at small movements (2mm or less). Also has input lag. It actually performs better at 125Hz polling rate than 1000Hz. Just a complete piece of garbage. Tried this along with the Razer Ouroboros. Both just terrible. Same issues. And it's weird, because it's not the fault of the Philips twin-eye laser sensor. I had that sensor on my RAT 9, and also have it on my new RAT Pro X that I bought instead of the Razer mice. The RAT mice are amazing. Minus the standard issue with the twin-eye sensors and lift off distance, it's perfect in every way.

Don't waste your money on Razer mice garbage. Though their mouse pads are stellar. The aluminum Manticor is definitely my favourite. Bought 2 of them, for home and for work.

All the razer mice ive used AND their keyboards all had input lag too! Its at their firmware level on the mice and keyboards because they have the lag regardless of whether synapse is installed or not. I've used the Naga and ouroboros and 2 black widow ultimates the orginal(2011) and the green 2014.

I switched to a steelseries Apex M800 and logitech G502 night and day from razer. With the blackwidow id get caught on the barrels in CSGOs dust 1 at CT spawn because of the lagginess of the board.

Really disappointing that not much has changed since the original diamondback controversy.

kommando kodiak

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011

All the razer mice ive used AND their keyboards all had input lag too! Its at their firmware level on the mice and keyboards because they have the lag regardless of whether synapse is installed or not. I've used the Naga and ouroboros and 2 black widow ultimates the orginal(2011) and the green 2014.

I switched to a steelseries Apex M800 and logitech G502 night and day from razer. With the blackwidow id get caught on the barrels in CSGOs dust 1 at CT spawn because of the lagginess of the board.

Really disappointing that not much has changed since the original diamondback controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.