Build a Dell for Me / Up to $6000 Budget

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jack_Mord

Distinguished
May 3, 2008

Nah. I want to take advantage of Dell's warranty instead of worrying about separate warranties for a million different parts. And I want to be able to have it up and running in a few minutes instead of hauling all that stuff to a shop. I also like the T7600s case. Super easy to upgrade, swap hard drives, etc.

http://dell.to/PZ7os9

idroid

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

Dude... you're taking things out of context, you can easily have someone build your machine (if you're THAT lazy) for less than 50$ in a Compusa/bestbuy/officedepot/etc store you can ask one of the guys that work there to build it for you.

Trust me, i LOVE to overkill things and but the highest-end sht because i can but.... buying an useless server is simply stupid, if you REALLY want to render/edit/encode/transcode/aftereffects/adobe suite and sht like that then you should get a 3930k, that "Consumer grade" argument the guy said is complete BS, i can assure that a 3930k with a nice professional grade card like the V7900, Quadro 4000, etc will be waaay better than that crappy GPU that comes with that server.

Btw, i don't want to you fell offended but if you're THAT lazy to build your own PC then instead of buying a PC you should buy this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precor-C-956i-Experience-Treadmill-w-Cardio-Theater-TV-/270826189110?pt=US_Cardio_Treadmills&hash=item3f0e7fb136

naaa i am just kidding...but seriously, do not buy from dell.

Edit: i am not sure if you are familiar with the process of manufacturing a CPU so i am just gonna say that CPUs like the 3930k,3960x,Xeons and professional grade GPUs are made with the center of the wafer, assuring maximum quality.

idroid

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

That warranty thing is complete BS... in the EXTREMELY UNLIKELY case that any of your EXTREMELY HIGH QUALITY components fail you only have to take it off, rma it and get it back...simple as that.

Big Yunus

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013

on ebay I saw Dell Precision T7600 with dual xeon quad core 2.4ghz, and 16gb ram. for $1500
This machine later can be upgraded to 512GB (when the price is right) and double the processor speed with dual octocore xeons. This is what I'm getting after long research of high end workstation. Maximum ram that windows 8 pro can handle is 512gb. otherwise there are 1tb ram workstations out there already...