Build Advice Build a server PC able to launch multiple videogame clients ?

May 22, 2022
Hello

I want to build a server pc that would be able to run mutiple game clients. Reason to go for a server PC is that I would need amore than a CPU as I want to load as many as possible. Each game instance would take 6gb of ram, so its a no-no with a normal gaming PC. GPU usage is low as its an old game

I am trying to automate players to act as NPC for my private game server in an old game (Maple story). These will work with packet sniffing so I dont need to actively do anything, nor I require a very smooth gameplay.

Any ideas ? Looking for a cheap option

Thank you!

I have a feeling that multiple machines would be much easier and cheaper than hosting a server solution for your matter.
Otherwise, terminal server (even ms remote desktop will do), on a rack with scalable hardware will get you going and cost an arm and a leg. How many clients are you expecting to have? How resource-heavy is your client app?

May 22, 2022
I have a feeling that multiple machines would be much easier and cheaper than hosting a server solution for your matter.
Otherwise, terminal server (even ms remote desktop will do), on a rack with scalable hardware will get you going and cost an arm and a leg. How many clients are you expecting to have? How resource-heavy is your client app?

I am expecting to have around 50 client.

ATM with an i7 8800k 1070ti 62gb ram, I am able to run 16

May 22, 2022
The game is not GPU hungry. My bottleneck is the ram and CPU.

If I can have just one decent gpu, 2 CPUs, and loads of ram, that would be the best thing.
I don't think it would be cheaper to set up more systems

TRENDING THREADS