Build Help - AMD Ryzen 2400g - for Architecture (AutoCad, Sketch Up, Lumion, 3Ds max)

Nov 12, 2018
Hi! Planning to build a PC for my architect friend who is on a 500$ budget. This will be mainly used for softwares such as AutoCad, Sketch Up, Lumion, 3ds max, and some light editing with Premiere and Lightroom. Current build has no GPU which is why we went for the Ryzen 5 2400g due to budget concerns.

Question is: Is the build enough to run most applications smoothly? And more importantly, will 3d rendering be an issue?

CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor $158.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B450M MORTAR Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $164.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.89 @ OutletPC
Power Supply FSP Group - 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply -
CASING Some 32$ local casing 32$

Solution
for 3D rendering I'd probly do this:
Upgrade to 32 GB of RAM
Upgrade to a more powerful GPU
Upgrade to an R7 2700/2700X CPU
Get a larger SSD.

basically in that order, as costs allow.
More memory is the cheapest solution for more breathing room, and a larger SSD is cheapest after that, but not as important as the gpu and cpu for speed boosts once you have an SSD to begin with. The GPU and CPU will see the most speed improvements.

Though again, the 2400G will do what you need, just will take longer
it shoudl be ok for basic stuff.
You won't be rendering the next Shrek movie on it any time soon, but a 2400, while not the most powerful 3D renderer out there, it will get the job done. certainly nothing will be better at that price range.

Consider adding an SSD (at least 256GB) which will speed up boot times and be useful with disk-swapping.

Nov 12, 2018

Hi Screwy! Appreciate your response on this. Other than an SSD, what do you think I should upgrade next in the future?

for 3D rendering I'd probly do this:
Upgrade to 32 GB of RAM
Upgrade to a more powerful GPU
Upgrade to an R7 2700/2700X CPU
Get a larger SSD.

basically in that order, as costs allow.
More memory is the cheapest solution for more breathing room, and a larger SSD is cheapest after that, but not as important as the gpu and cpu for speed boosts once you have an SSD to begin with. The GPU and CPU will see the most speed improvements.

Though again, the 2400G will do what you need, just will take longer

Solution
Nov 12, 2018

Got it! Thank you so much for your help on this :)