[SOLVED] Build help

Mar 17, 2019
So I could do with some help guys n gals.
I want to upgrade my pc graphics cards and I'm wondering what you guys can suggest.
My motherboard is a lenovo isxm6
I have 16gb ram
Intel i5 2400 processor
And a 500 watt power supply.
And a Asus geforce 710 2gb graphics card and its low profile.

Also I see a lithium battery on my motherboard and just wonderd why it has the battery on it.

Solution
Since your current graphics card is low profile, I'm going to assume your case is low profile as well, which means you'll need a smaller-than-standard (low profile) graphics card to replace it. I would suggest the Low Profile RX 560 or the Low Profile GTX 1050 Ti. These prices aren't ideal, though, because they are made smaller, so if you want a better deal you could get a bigger case to fit larger graphics cards.

The battery on your motherboard is called a CMOS battery, and keeps BIOS settings saved and keeps the system clock running.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Since your current graphics card is low profile, I'm going to assume your case is low profile as well, which means you'll need a smaller-than-standard (low profile) graphics card to replace it. I would suggest the Low Profile RX 560 or the Low Profile GTX 1050 Ti. These prices aren't ideal, though, because they are made smaller, so if you want a better deal you could get a bigger case to fit larger graphics cards.

The battery on your motherboard is called a CMOS battery, and keeps BIOS settings saved and keeps the system clock running.

Reactions: Srnovajo
Solution
What is your exact power supply model? Power supplies are critically important, and they vary widely in build quality and capacity.

The battery is for the CMOS, which keeps up with certain bios settings including system time. They typically last many years but can go bad and need replacing.

Mar 17, 2019

Many thanks.. My case is a game max.. I don't think it's a mini.. More of a mid to normal tower size case. I can literally wave a stick inside lol.. Not that I'm going to though.. My current card is powered by the motherboard. Would these cards you suggest need hooking up to the power supply?

Mar 17, 2019
What is your exact power supply model? Power supplies are critically important, and they vary widely in build quality and capacity.

The battery is for the CMOS, which keeps up with certain bios settings including system time. They typically last many years but can go bad and need replacing.
It's a atx silent 12cm fan psu. There quite cheap now but it's been a good psu so far

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Many thanks.. My case is a game max.. I don't think it's a mini.. More of a mid to normal tower size case. I can literally wave a stick inside lol.. Not that I'm going to though.. My current card is powered by the motherboard. Would these cards you suggest need hooking up to the power supply?
Ah, okay. In that case, you will be able to fit much larger cards in. I would need some sort of price to aim for or game you want to run in order to suggest a card at this point. What brand and wattage of PSU do you have?

Mar 17, 2019
Ah, okay. In that case, you will be able to fit much larger cards in. I would need some sort of price to aim for or game you want to run in order to suggest a card at this point. What brand and wattage of PSU do you have?
I have a atx 12cm silent fan 500 psu.. It's been a decent psu..
I don't really have any price limit.. Just the case of getting a newer card really that's better than this one..
Does it matter that its Ddr3 and the ones you suggest are ddr5