Build recommendations for 2k build

Solution
Don't do SLI until that DirectX thing comes out. SLI is a horrible way to waste money. In most games, the second GPU won't do anything, in some games it will help a little bit, and in some games it would actually slow things down. But yes, it's a good idea to buy an 850 W PSU if you might SLI in the future(when the Explicit Multi-GPU with DirectX 12 comes out). I think that's all, you should be good to go now :) .
I'm expecting this to be a gaming build, and also assuming that the 2K budget does not include the GPU price.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($347.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($145.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($177.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1.0TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($397.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case ($88.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($106.81 @ Newegg)
Total: $1575.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-04 01:42 EDT-0400

XxSliminemxX

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014

sorry forgot to add the pcpartpicker i made! https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7zww3b
Would you recommend the motherboard you chose? or the one i chose?

Either is fine, although the one you have chosen will of course have more features, better RGB, better audio, etc. But there will be no performance difference so it's up to you really. One of the best ways to decide is to see which motherboard you think looks better, which brand provides better warranty in your area, and if you still can't decide, then go with the cheaper one. If you think the board you have chosen is good-looking or more suitable for your build, then it is the right board for you.

P.S: Slightly overkill PSU, 650-750 W is enough.

XxSliminemxX

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014

I got that PSU so later on down the road i can do SLI without worrying about upgrading the PSU again, other than that everything looks okay to you? I can't wait to have this beast built, got half the parts sitting in my closet already.

Don't do SLI until that DirectX thing comes out. SLI is a horrible way to waste money. In most games, the second GPU won't do anything, in some games it will help a little bit, and in some games it would actually slow things down. But yes, it's a good idea to buy an 850 W PSU if you might SLI in the future(when the Explicit Multi-GPU with DirectX 12 comes out). I think that's all, you should be good to go now :) .

Solution