Build worked fine, suddenly doesn't POST

Razoir

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014
Good evening,

Managed to build a great computer a few (~3/4) years ago and it had always worked fine till today. I had to move my computer under my bed however because we had work in the house and now, 2 weeks later when I put it back the computer booted up and fans span but quickly shut down after one or two seconds without POSTing. It then restarted the process on it's own for as long as I didn't shut down the PSU.

I tried to see if anything had moved or if any cable had gone off but nothing. First thing I did then was resetting the CMOS which made the computer turn on, fans span and everything lighted up for around 40-50 seconds before slowly shutting down again. Fans very slowly stopped spinning like they were slowly getting less and less power.

After that the case on and off button stopped working and resetting the CMOS became the only way to turn it on. I tried the same without ram / with one ram and no video card but there was no difference.

Seems to me like this should be a PSU issue but the CMOS thing makes me consider the motherboard too, any tips on what I could try to pinpoint the issue before asking for a replacement?

Thanks a lot for your help!

CPU Intel Core - i7 4790
Mother board- ASUS H97-PLUS
Video Card - MSI GeForce 970
Case - NZXT H440
Power supply - 550W Seasonic X-series ( 80+ Gold )

Razoir

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014

Thanks a lot, I must say I didn't even know about it. I'll order some right away and then come back with result!