building a game pc, need help with specs !

brentje0014

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
So i'm looking to make my own game pc from scratch, i've researched a whole day trying to figure out what is good and what i want but i'm not an expert at all so before i make any decisions i'd like to ask you guys what i could change on this build or if it's good as it is. thanks in advance :) i also have some questions !
(i'm not sure if there is already cooling in this or if i need to buy that seperate ?)
(are al the wires and stuff already included or is that also seperate?)
(any kits that are usefull for building a pc?)

MY PC BUILD
------------------------
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K €290
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX GV-N1080G1 GAMING-8GD €484
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB €133
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) €64
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 C15 4x8GB €157
MBD: Asus STRIX Z270E GAMING €185
Total: €1,312
---------------------------------------------------------

monitor:
Asus ROG Swift PG258Q 475,99 euro
Total: 1787,99 euro

case:
NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower Computer Case 192 euro
Total: 1979,99 euro
power supply:
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 750W 117 euro

Grand Total 2098.99 euro

Darkvillain

Honorable
Sep 7, 2017
For your first question, the build is good, I build something pretty similar not too long ago. You do still need to purchase a cooler, I would recommend a Corsair H110v2 I think it's called? Either way, yes you still need a cooler. Wires will be included with your system, you should not have to worry about purchasing any. As far as "Kits" for building, the only thing I would recommend is using an ESD band, and making sure you are building it on a flat, non carpeted surface, as this can cause it to short. Good luck on the build and keep up the work!

brentje0014

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017

Alright thanks for the answers ! and just one more thing, did you find a good tutorial to build a pc ? if so can you link it please :) just want to know as much as posible before i even start building it :p

manddy123

Admirable
Overall top notch build.

Maybe you can save a few bucks here and there. But nothing major.
Only thing i'd think through is that 1080p monitor... even tho it's said to be 240Hz(unless you're a crazy hardcore FPS gamer, it's just too much) seems rather sketchy. I'd go with a 1440p 144Hz with G-Sync, it will probably be as expensive as your current one but much better.

About your questions:
- You have to get yourself a after-market cooler, yes. That's because you got a unlocked CPU(with the K at the end) and they don't come with a stock cooler. I suggest, for that build, a Cryorig H7 or H5.
- Yup, all necessary cables come within the original packages
- Nah, you can do all the building with common tools found at any house. Just be aware of estatic eletricity, just read a guide of how to build before starting and you'll be completely fine.

brentje0014

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017

so maybe something like the AOC AGON AG241QG ?

If you don't need it immediatly maybe wait since intel coffee lake launches october 5th.

brentje0014

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
the AOC AGON AG241QG seems perfect but is a 24 inch monitor big enough for the resolution ? this is the only monitor i can find that has great specs for the price